User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Mysterious Stranger's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ixaerus View Post
    I loved Indiana Jones, Tintin, and the like.
    But my dad said it was a terrible career choice, since everything we had to discover have already been discovered, and that I would be throwing my life away, there won't be anything new with digging up the past. So he said.
    Sounds familar. I even had my share of teachers tell me that. Should we ever discover something, save the clippings. I've got a fun idea for a binder.
    He had long since decided that the world, Above or Below, was a place that wished to be deceived, and, to this end, he had named himself from a lie in a fairy tale, and created himself--his clothes, his manner, his carriage--as a grand joke...
    Likes Earl Grey, Lark liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

When I was very young, I wanted to be an artist. Somehow that changed into teacher at some point. I also was intrigued by archaeology, and had it been an available major at the college I graduated from, it's quite likely I would have gotten a degree in it.
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Pilot, soldier, video game programmer, rock star, writer.
    Likes The Mysterious Stranger liked this post

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Paleonotologist, as a kid I was obsessed with dinosaurs, fossils, bugs, you name it. I used to be able to name numerous species by their scientific name.
    “No matter how much we ask after the truth, self-awareness is often unpleasant. We do not feel kindly toward the Truthsayer.”
    ― Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune
    Likes The Mysterious Stranger liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Yamimaru View Post
    Paleonotologist, as a kid I was obsessed with dinosaurs, fossils, bugs, you name it. I used to be able to name numerous species by their scientific name.

when you learn to read on dinosaur books phonics becomes your bitch. After you can dance around Archaeopteryx what else is there? antidisestablishmentarianism? C'mon son!
    He had long since decided that the world, Above or Below, was a place that wished to be deceived, and, to this end, he had named himself from a lie in a fairy tale, and created himself--his clothes, his manner, his carriage--as a grand joke...
    Likes Sung Jin-Woo liked this post

The only reason I had dreams regarding "what are you going to be when you grow up" was that we were asked that question, by adults and by each other, and it was the thing to do to have an answer for that.

So I thought about it, and I decided that it came to either one of two things. What those things were hardly matters, though.

Both seemed too unrealistic to pursue. I did end up pursuing one of those routes later, as an adult, but it sucked.

I think "what are you going to be when you grow up" was the wrong question. First of all, I didn't know that many options. Secondly, I didn't know a thing about any of them, what they were like, what they involved, or anything other than the surface impressions I had and romanticism about them as ideas.

Better prompts would have involved shorter-term goals that involved almost immediate action. This would have given multiple opportunities to explore different interests through action, rather than through a detached imagination only.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I was very caught up in fantasy as a child. I used to think I would be able to fly one day, and that other worldly beings would take me on an adventure. My daydreaming (which got me into not a little trouble at primary school) was mostly occupied by thoughts of wonderful distant worlds. I didn't spend too much time occupied with what job I would have although I did a fair amount of street theatre/offbeat fringe theatre which eventually brought me round to wanting to pursue a career in acting.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Eternally Burnt Out RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    613 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

An astrophysicist and a horse apparently
    - 6w5 1w9 3w4 - sp/so - INTP -
    “My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert

Likes Metis liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Treasure Hunter.
    Likes Luminous liked this post