• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Career Options for Agoraphobic INFPs

wheely

MBTI Type
INFP
Hello. As the title suggests I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on viable jobs/careers for an INFP with agoraphobia. I hope I've put this in the right place.

I'll offer a little history if I may: I've had some mental health issues for many years, and during that time the extent to which they affected my life has been up and down. However, for the past couple of years I've been mostly housebound due to these issues.

I did begin a distance learning course (which I already paid for) in hopes of continuing on to university to eventually study Speech Therapy/Pathology. I have currently paused this course with the intention to continue.

However, I'm wondering if I really can follow this path. I'm not saying I would give up trying to overcome my mental health issues, but the reality is that these have been with me for many years and have been a consistent obstacle throughout my life. They have eventually affected jobs and aspirations, even when I was doing well.

So I ask if there is anything I can focus on doing which I could do even when I can't leave the house? If this is my life, I want to make the best of it if I can, even if I'm restricted. Can anybody help or has anybody had a similar experience? Thank you.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe working from home may be a viable choice for you?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Have you sought professional help for your mental health struggles? Therapy and medication could be incredibly helpful for you. While there are certainly jobs that can be at home, it would be a shame to not pursue your passion due to limitations that may be manageable!

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you sought professional help for your mental health struggles? Therapy and medication could be incredibly helpful for you. While there are certainly jobs that can be at home, it would be a shame to not pursue your passion due to limitations that may be manageable!
This sums up my thoughts quite nicely.