• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What classes are you taking next year?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Blegh ones.

Law
Finance
Management
Marketing
Human relations
Computer info systems

I THINK thats what Ill be taking. Something like that.

The only one im worried about is the computer one really.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Blegh ones.

Law
Finance
Management
Marketing
Human relations
Computer info systems

I THINK thats what Ill be taking. Something like that.

The only one im worried about is the computer one really.
Gee - I would worry about management and marketing myself. You should be fine with the computer class.

I'm long out of school, but will be teaching next fall - general physics (mechanics).

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Gee - I would worry about management and marketing myself. You should be fine with the computer class.

I'm long out of school, but will be teaching next fall - general physics (mechanics).

Do you like teaching? So is it like the physics behind cars... like with the centrifugal force and stuff(showing how little I know of physics right there)

And yeah. Im happy that at least my marketing class will be a lecture hall so... it would be hard to have a crap ton of presentstions I would have to do. Im not sure how hard the classes will be... have to wait and see. Can always drop one thoufh so thats good.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Human Anatomy & Physiology 2

Elementary Statistics

Organic Chemistry

It's only 12 credits
I decided to be smart and added on Psychology of Death and Dying as well as Psychology of Child Development and Growth to put towards my Psych minor, and then dropped statistics so I wouldn't be taking 3 notiously hard classes in the same semester.

Oh, and I'm a sophomore btw.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I decided to be smart and added on Psychology of Death and Dying as well as Psychology of Child Development and Growth to put towards my Psych minor, and then dropped statistics so I wouldn't be taking 3 notiously hard classes in the same semester.

Oh, and I'm a sophomore btw.
statistics is a pain x.x

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
LOL I DON'T THINK A DIETITION WOULD APPROVE OF SO MANY TACOS XD

Make healthy tacos, and start a healthy taco restaurant.
[MENTION=30445]thepink-cloakedninja[/MENTION] death and dying and childhood development sound like opposites.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you like teaching? So is it like the physics behind cars... like with the centrifugal force and stuff(showing how little I know of physics right there)

And yeah. Im happy that at least my marketing class will be a lecture hall so... it would be hard to have a crap ton of presentstions I would have to do. Im not sure how hard the classes will be... have to wait and see. Can always drop one thoufh so thats good.
Will your marketing class have discussion or recitation sections? I could see that as a possible setting for presentations. I get the impression you do not like giving presentations. Did you find you got better and more at ease with them after the ones yu had to give last semester?

I do enjoy teaching, and yes - it is the physics behind cars, projectiles, centrifuges, planetary motion, etc. Gravity, inertia, Newton's Laws, and . . . coriolis effect.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Will your marketing class have discussion or recitation sections? I could see that as a possible setting for presentations. I get the impression you do not like giving presentations. Did you find you got better and more at ease with them after the ones yu had to give last semester?

I do enjoy teaching, and yes - it is the physics behind cars, projectiles, centrifuges, planetary motion, etc. Gravity, inertia, Newton's Laws, and . . . coriolis effect.

Meh, I mean I havent gotten LESS comfortable(though Im not sure that would have been possible). It depends on the presentation- the more formal and rigid it is... the more uncomfortable I am. I think giving a presentation in front of a huge lecture hall would scare me though. I didnt have a problem in my poetry class when it was just 14 people or so- and was more casual... so I dont know it would depend on the class. But yeah I dont think Ill ever LIKE it. I dont speak well, tend to stutter when I get nervous and that and that and this thing lead to self consciousness. And blah.

I never took physics. I took and barely barely passed chem and bio. But if I had the chance- I would take a few more science classes because they CAN be interesting. Whats your favorite thing about it? I mean you have to enjoy presenting as a teacher which is cool- youve done it a few years right?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll take some more pre-reqs including an abnormal psych class and possibly statistics in the fall. :)

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never took physics. I took and barely barely passed chem and bio. But if I had the chance- I would take a few more science classes because they CAN be interesting. Whats your favorite thing about it? I mean you have to enjoy presenting as a teacher which is cool- youve done it a few years right?
My favorite thing about what - physics, or teaching?

I do enjoy giving presentations on subjects that interest me and where I have something to say. Teaching is more than that, though, or at least it should be. If the class consists just of me talking, I'm not doing it right. It can be hard in a lecture-style class to get the students to participate, but I try to engage them by asking them questions, trying to get them to figure out what the next step should be. I will take a break to assign them a problem to work out in pairs, then see if someone can provide a solution, etc. I enjoy trying to help people learn the subject, and to overcome whatever difficulties of misconceptions they have. It is like solving puzzles. I can be very patient with someone who is really trying to learn.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My schedule for next semester includes
CHM 113
BIO 181
Eng 102
MAT 170 Precalc