• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Marketing and Entrepreneurship ?

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is anyone here an entrepreneur, do you regret the decision? How was it? How did you go about it? I'm hoping to get my bachelors in it, and open up a drug rehab with a big church in my local area. I'm highly respected there and will simply need to penetrate the place and move up to a high position. I plan on opening up a tiling business before starting on the rehab venture as to have a safety net.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is anyone here an entrepreneur, do you regret the decision? How was it? How did you go about it? I'm hoping to get my bachelors in it, and open up a drug rehab with a big church in my local area. I'm highly respected there and will simply need to penetrate the place and move up to a high position. I plan on opening up a tiling business before starting on the rehab venture as to have a safety net.

Yeah.... Sort of. I own part of a business and have observed all the pitfalls and growth from the ground up. I don't regret it but it can be quite stressful at times. These are things I have learned:

1. Half the battle is learning how to communicate well with others.
2. Address issues before they become a big headache.
3. Making connections is key.. After awhile, everyone is connected... So it's good to try to be on good terms with everyone... You never know how someone will end up being useful to you in the future
4. Keep your ego in check.
5. There are probably going to be several things that you never wanted to do but will have to do for the success of the business... Not talking about illegal stuff.
6. Find people who can help balance out your weaknesses
7. Always keep learning and brainstorming so the business doesn't stagnate
8. Right location is absolutely important.
9. Fight for your vision.
10. Be proactive.
11. Don't get too sucked into other people's personal drama and do what needs to be done for the business.
12. Try to see other people's potential in how they can help out the business... Bartering of skills/services is quite useful. However, don't be afraid to fire people.
13. Find a good business lawyer to help write out airtight contracts and for legal counsel.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah.... Sort of. I own part of a business and have observed all the pitfalls and growth from the ground up. I don't regret it but it can be quite stressful at times. These are things I have learned:

1. Half the battle is learning how to communicate well with others.
2. Address issues before they become a big headache.
3. Making connections is key.. After awhile, everyone is connected... So it's good to try to be on good terms with everyone... You never know how someone will end up being useful to you in the future
4. Keep your ego in check.
5. There are probably going to be several things that you never wanted to do but will have to do for the success of the business... Not talking about illegal stuff.
6. Find people who can help balance out your weaknesses
7. Always keep learning and brainstorming so the business doesn't stagnate
8. Right location is absolutely important.
9. Fight for your vision.
10. Be proactive.
11. Don't get too sucked into other people's personal drama and do what needs to be done for the business.
12. Try to see other people's potential in how they can help out the business... Bartering of skills/services is quite useful. However, don't be afraid to fire people.
13. Find a good business lawyer to help write out airtight contracts and for legal counsel.
Cool,Thanks :)

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi, not an entrepreneur, just have perspective as an employee and a marketing student. From what I have learned from experience and other sources is make sure you don't stray from the fundamentals, like staying on top of your accounting, mastering marketing basics, employee relations etc... As a boss make sure you aren't a dick, but stay firm. You want to have good relationships, but you don't want to be a pushover. I work for a place right now that is so desperate for staff they don't fire anyone and the company is literally paying one guy to play video games for hours and hours. Good luck.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Entrepreneurship is all of the simultaneous fun and frustration you can imagine. It is simply the best.

What structure are you aiming for, profit or non-profit?