• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lowest grade in college not counting zeros

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So what's the lowest you've ever gotten while in undergrad? I got a 3% in my fundementals class,I actually failed all my classes that semester, but that was a shitty semester. Reasons I'd rather not go into, I don't think I'll ever get another 3 again in my life.

though I have to say, I'm kinda proud I didn't think it was possible to get that low in a course besides a zero. I feel like I've accomplished something, and never needs to be accomplished again.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I got a 23% on an organic chemistry test once. I was so proud of myself and told everybody! :rofl1:

Fail with flair!!

Usehername

On a mission
In a 3rd year chem lab report I got 2.5/10. I think the class average was a 3/10, though.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lowest I've gotten in a course is a C (still bitter). Don't remember for tests/projects - probably around 60% since I don't remember ever failing one. Actually I think to have gotten a C in that course, I may have needed to fail the final exam. Don't know.

I don't know, I've never completely not studied for anything in undergrad, so the lowest I tend to do is just-barely-passing (ie, if I just-barely studied).

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Here exams are scored on a 0 (min) to 30 (max) basis. 18 means that you have passed.

The lowest I've scored was 2. I hadn't attended the classed and I hadn't studied the topic, nor I did any exercise before.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
If you don't count the classes where I didn't attend and didn't drop (because I was stupid)...

I've never gotten less than a 60%. I almost always score well on tests, even if I don't go to class and don't do the homework. I've been accused of cheating a couple times in my life because of this. I guess not that many people can perform calculus derivations on the fly, during an exam. /shrug

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I achieved a 7 in an A Level Maths test. It was a record of sorts.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got a 0 out of 10 on a true/false math test once (calculus) my freshman year- a friend pointed out that statistically speaking, a trained monkey could have done better than I did on that test.

In my defense on that though, I've never gotten over a 40% on a true false test- I just flat out suck at taking them :blush:

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a D for my Computer Hardware class, something I'm particularly skilled at, ironically enough. The girl in charge of compiling our group project (a user's manual explaining how to assemble a PC) never turned our project in. I think the professor was actually lenient on me since that was 50% of the grade.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't honestly remember - but that was that time that I sorta forgot to take my final exam that was worth like 50% of the grade. Oops.

Thankfully, I was allowed to take the course over again and replace the former grade with the latter. Heh.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I remember it like yesterday. It was a (C) in a science class that I didn't know I had to attend for a grade because I also missed the first day and mainly showed up to turn in HW and do tests. I really have a hard time attending classes, I much rather last minute study from a text book.

Usehername

On a mission
I got a 0 out of 10 on a true/false math test once (calculus) my freshman year- a friend pointed out that statistically speaking, a trained monkey could have done better than I did on that test.

In my defense on that though, I've never gotten over a 40% on a true false test- I just flat out suck at taking them :blush:

Aren't there T/F on the SATs that you kicked ass on? How did you still do so well there?!

Enyo

MBTI Type
xNTJ
If you don't count the classes where I didn't attend and didn't drop (because I was stupid)...

I've never gotten less than a 60%. I almost always score well on tests, even if I don't go to class and don't do the homework. I've been accused of cheating a couple times in my life because of this. I guess not that many people can perform calculus derivations on the fly, during an exam. /shrug

Sounds familiar. I technically "took" college algebra four times. The first three times, I had this problem with showing up. :p The last time I took it, I worked with an engineering major who spent lunch breaks with me helping me understand it.

I hate math. It's the only class that I have to work really hard in to only do okay. Other classes, I do well without the work.

ygolo

My termites win

I had a math teacher give a test where well over half his class got below 50% and he commented that if you ansered all true or all false, people would have had a better grade. Granted it was full of trick questions.

I think its in your head. As Usehername pointed out, you did rather well on the SATs.

I got a 23/80 on a midterm once. But that test was really pressed for time, and the average was 33/80. There were actually several people who scored in the low teens and even one under 10.

I ended up with a B in the class since there were three projects and a final exam in that class to even things out.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
The lowest grade I got in a college course was a B-. Grrr!

I am not sure what the lowest grade on anything I got was--maybe a 65 or 70 on a test.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Lowest grade I've ever gotten for a course was a C-. I had straight A's all through the semester, and then apparently the instructor gave me an F on the final exam. :( In retrospect, I should have asked him about it, because it seemed odd.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Lowest grade in a course was a "C"...darn 7:25 a.m. calculus class. I think my lowest quiz/test score was a 14% also in the same calc. class.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I missed a final in fucking CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY the easiest class ever and got a D.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
In highschool I got plenty of terrible overall grades, id still pull decent test scores though even in the classes I miserably failed. Latin though was a class that I got like a 50% maybe something ridiculous.