• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Like Having Women Bosses Better than Male Bosses

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
You know, i've always been pretty chill in the workplace to people who work under me. I like it when they work hard just because they seem cool with me.

But boss wise, i totally like having women bosses better. do other guys also feel this way?

i mean, i've had conflicts with one female boss (she was one of the bitter, older, unmarried women type), but other female bosses were absolutely wonderful. Dood, i felt like i could conquer the world with them kind of thing...

But anyways, other guys feel this way too?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, me too, absolutely. I get competitive with men-bosses, but that doesn't happen with women-bosses.
Even the bitter, old and umarried ones aren't that bad, at least not as bad as old, unmarried and bitter man-bosses.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
THIS THREAD IS ENTIRELY TOO SILLY

Graham_Chapman_Colonel.jpg

MBTI Type
ENTP
It makes sense that guys would prefer female bosses to male bosses, because all the female bosses I've had were um, tramps.

I prefer male bosses.

Usehername

On a mission
It makes sense that guys would prefer female bosses to male bosses, because all the female bosses I've had were um, tramps.

I prefer male bosses.

Guys are, as a whole, easier to read and understand and interact than females. There's less subtext. So, because I'm not male and don't have that competitiveness driven into me to best another male, it's less effort and more simplicity with a male boss, IMO.

(Generally speaking.)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Guys are, as a whole, easier to read and understand and interact than females. There's less subtext. So, because I'm not male and don't have that competitiveness driven into me to best another male, it's less effort and more simplicity with a male boss, IMO.

(Generally speaking.)

The subtext is awful. So is the need to turn every command into an argument.

Female boss: "You did this wrong. Why? Why do you insist on turning my workplace into a calamitous mire of stupidity and ignorance? Now I have to do this and you ruined so-and-so's day because she has to work over-time to make up for your horrible mistake and her children will probably go to bed hungry. Why do you want her children to starve? I just don't understand why you want everyone to hate you. I'm glad we had this discussion. Just don't make that mistake again or you will rue the day I charitably gave you the job that about a thousand people were more qualified for. Some of them cute guys."

Male boss: "Don't do that. Do this instead." *walks away*

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

Female boss: "You did this wrong. Why? Why do you insist on turning my workplace into a calamitous mire of stupidity and ignorance? Now I have to do this and you ruined so-and-so's day because she has to work over-time to make up for your horrible mistake and her children will probably go to bed hungry. Why do you want her children to starve? I just don't understand why you want everyone to hate you. I'm glad we had this discussion. Just don't make that mistake again or you will rue the day I charitably gave you the job that about a thousand people were more qualified for. Some of them cute guys."

That never happens to me with female bosses at all. Usually:

Female boss "See FDG that's not really the best way to do that! It really would be better for all of us and it'd make the workplace a lot better if you do it this way" (all said in a nice female voice):smile:"
FDG: "Oh yes, sure, thank you for correcting me :wubbie:"

Male boss: "Don't do that. Do this instead"
FDG: "WHY? My way is a lot more efficient for X Y Z reasons (and in the meanwhile I am thinking "You shouldn't DARE telling me what to do! :steam:) "

MBTI Type
ENTP

Female boss "See FDG that's not really the best way to do that! It really would be better for all of us and it'd make the workplace a lot better if you do it this way" (all said in a nice female voice):smile:"

Male boss: "Don't do that. Do this instead"
FDG: "WHY? My way is a lot more efficient for X Y Z reasons (and in the meanwhile I am thinking "You shouldn't DARE telling me what to do! :steam:) "

So it's ok for bosses to enforce inefficient ideas as long as they have a vagina? ;)

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4

Heh, I've only had a few female bosses in my life, and they weren't like that. I only got along with one of them, and that's because we were good friends before I started working under her. For the others, if you didn't immediately follow their directions, they took it personally. And their vindictiveness...

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never had the opportunity to work with a female boss unfortunately. (Doesn't seem to be excessively common in IT, granted...)

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
What kind of female bosses have YOU guys had?

I had one fire me the day of my uncle's funeral, a funeral she KNEW about, and, despite which, wanted me to work that day. Her reasons for firing me are possibly legitimate, considering that I didn't show up the day of my uncle's funeral and didn't call off, and that was the second time I had been a "no call, no show." Even assuming her hands were tied, the way she fired me was unconscionable. When I called work later that day, the manager who answered said, "Uh, let me get Debbie" in a voice that, now that I remember it, pretty much let me know my fate right then and there. Debbie answered, and in the middle of my explanation - IN THE FREAKING MIDDLE - cut me off with a curt and angry, "Yeah, uh, you don't have a job here anymore."

You know what, Debbie? STFU. And at least I have a soul. :)

ygolo

My termites win
I've never had the opportunity to work with a female boss unfortunately. (Doesn't seem to be excessively common in IT, granted...)

Never had a direct boss who was female, but did have a V.P. who was. I really didn't notice the difference.

My mom is a principal at her company (also I.T.), and I'd like to believe she makes a good boss.

As a point, I believe there are studies done showing that diversity in general is better for business.

Food for thought:
Diversity Return on Investment - The Business Case for Diversity

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I've had good and bad bosses of both genders. I prefer male bosses though. I'd have to say as long as the person is a J its all OK by me. As far as employees go the males seem easier on the whole to deal with as well. They don't need pampered and they aren't going to cry on me if I am a little bossy. I don't have to hear about "female problems" being a reason they cannot complete their tasks/come to work or "so and so is talking about me":cry:. I appreciate that about the men.....much less stressful! My current boss is an ISFJ and they cry to him (thank the lord) much more then me! He is as a general rule much more sympathetic.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Meh, gender plays no part, you have good bosses and you have bad bosses and they come in both genders, end of story.

For eff sake, you're on a MBTI forum. Saying a female is going to react one way and a male another is bollocks. As an INTJ I'm completely direct with my staff and I assure you my male ISFJ boss is not.

MedGirl

MBTI Type
xNTJ
I definitely prefer having male bosses.

Not because of any differences in competency, but because there's always a stronger underling pressure of competition when you're of the same gender as your boss.

I've always been a hard worker and super respectful in any work situation, and gotten along really well most of my bosses. With some female bosses though, I've had a few situations of being the object of condescending remarks aimed at "keeping my in my place," such as correcting me when I didn't really make a mistake or giving unclear instructions and then chastising me when I didn't get it right. I even had once had a female instructor in med school who told me I was "too pretty" to be a doctor and that no one would take me seriously because of my appearance. She wrote me a bad eval that I had to go to the administration and get changed.

This is an extreme example, but the fact is that when you're the same gender as your boss there's more potential for projection/jealousy issues to come out.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Meh, gender plays no part, you have good bosses and you have bad bosses and they come in both genders, end of story.
Bosses aren't all definitively "good" or "bad", and I never made the assertion that any of my female bosses were bad..just that I didn't get along with them....like MedGirl pointed out above, my gender probably played a huge part. I'm sure my personality did too.
I'm not so dense I'd call a person bad just because I don't click with them.
For eff sake, you're on a MBTI forum. Saying a female is going to react one way and a male another is bollocks. As an INTJ I'm completely direct with my staff and I assure you my male ISFJ boss is not.

Well you're clearly offended by my caricature, but you don't need to be unless you suspect that you are one of my former bosses. I was just going by my experience...and I've had lots.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well you're clearly offended by my caricature, but you don't need to be unless you suspect that you are one of my former bosses. I was just going by my experience...and I've had lots.

Nah, not offended, just being a self-righteous tool :cheese:

Actually the comment wasn't directed at you perse but at the topic in general. ‘You’ referred to anyone and everyone, sorry if it seemed I was attacking you :blush: Your post, however humorous is how a lot of people seem to think is all.