• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types of Problems in Your Workplace

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@Cellmoid
My heart literally hurts for people who have to do customer service. I don't know why people can be so horrible. They are at their worst when money, ego, and food are involved. Combine all three and look out. :dry:

I do find it easier online. Even when people are negative, it isn't quite so bad as seeing them in person. I hope you get set up with something that really fits your mind and personality.

Edit: you describe yourself as being able to do the same thing a hundred different ways and not remembering faces. You sound like you have a strong intuitive preference. Your description sounds opposite of Si, which is often preferred in work environments. What you describe is a very creative mind. There is something that you have the ability to do that only a few people can. In the arts there are people who recreate the same thing over and over, and others who create new every time. The people who vary their ideas every time tend to have the entire system in their head at once, and the ideas bounce around like a ping-pong ball, so it is very non-linear. That style of thinking is what generates new ideas.

Whatever activities you enjoy doing yourself in the quiet the most, are likely the ones you are the most gifted at and could create variations on them. That could be programming, art or music, writing. It is also a skill that can be great for an extrovert because the dynamics with people are always changing. As a strong introvert, you can remove that once from direct interaction with people, to creating something people can use in an individualistic way. One example would be creating training simulations. Those need to have a global, adaptive dynamic to be effective.

Anyway, once again, I'm a little hyper focused on getting situations that work well for people, and not have that lagging, negative, brain-stagnating interface with reality that I am also familiar with experiencing.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@Cellmoid
One more thought struck me. What you described about doing tasks differently each time also resonates with web design. I'm starting that training myself, but have taught classes online for eight years. We were taught that a good web/class interface allows the user to accomplish the same tasks, get the same information in a variety of ways. It is another example of how that unique type of thinking can be a perfect fit for certain types of works and endeavors. Even if web design doesn't interest you, I thought I'd throw it out there in case it sparks another idea. I'm sure clients can be bothersome in web design as well, but it would be fewer people than customer service. As an introvert the sheer numbers of people can overwhelm me, so that might apply to your case?

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Working in a team with careless people, or even worse, who lack in talent.
Also, getting led by someone who's less qualified than you.

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Lazy people, anyone who questions my authority, anyone who suggests anything different than my gameplan, underproductive workers, anyone who makes excuses/doesn't take responsability for his own actions. Sometimes I have to do the job of a subordinate just because he's too dumb to do something himself.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've worked in customer service for 6+ years for the health care industry. Great benefits, pay is decent depending on experience + qualifications (I've worked my way up) and it's always on demand. Other than that, I get my share of rudeness (patients and co-workers), disrespect, incompetence, drama, constantly changing work hours and just a stressful/pressured environment in general. I mean, most people that work in healthcare know it's the nature of the beast and depending where you work, it can be better or worse. The office where I work at the moment is absolutely disorganized all the time and management is useless. I am used to multi-tasking and doing pretty much every job (non-clinical) at the drop of a hat. Very fast paced, constantly busy which I like because time flies but I get burned out. It's emotionally and mentally exhausting. I want flexibility and more freedom. I work with older women but I am tired of always being the backup for everyone plus having to do my own job at the same time. People's attitudes are unwarranted and childish. It has become a negative environment and even though I'm a social introvert, I still like to be left alone.

I simply want a quiet, relaxed atmostphere. I really want to leave but I don't even know if I should transfer to another office or just wait it out... I try to always see the positive in what I am doing, how I am helping people and this keeps me grounded and hopeful but it just gets increasingly frustating when things don't change.

I write a lot of poetry and hope to self-publish my first book soon but I doubt I'll make any sort of money from that. I also love photography and collages but same thing. I've been on a hiatus from college because I can't make up my mind on what I want to do or waste my money on a degree. I feel like I'm stuck and work just makes it worse.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
If my workplace had 100% less ass kissing, and even 10% more "shut up and mind your own fucking business", it wouldn't be the worst.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If my workplace had 100% less ass kissing, and even 10% more "shut up and mind your own fucking business", it wouldn't be the worst.

I'm pretty sure 0% ass kissing is impossible in most places. But the 10% is quite plausible.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I'm pretty sure 0% ass kissing is impossible in most places. But the 10% is quite plausible.
If we made ass kissing a punchable offence, people would learn pretty fast. Or there'd be a lot of black eyes everywhere which is cool too.

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My major problem at work usually revolves around not having enough alone time and getting burnt out. Teaching is hard, especially when all of our planning periods get taken up with meetings or by covering other classes. They even changed the schedule this year to involve us having an advisory period during lunch.... SO I AM WITH KIDS ALL DAY. I sometimes get to the point where I'm going to rip their faces off at the end of the day. It's terrible. :tantrum:

There have been so many days at this job where I've either had to hide (locked) in my closet to get my period off (without someone coming in and interrupting) or barely made it to my car at the end of the day before I burst out crying. I wish I could get more balance.