• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Good way to learn Web languages..

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm registering a business, and want to ditch what i'm doing now since the co-workers and bosses are dopey, infantile and unethical. I'm in sales now, and want to move into business development and political analysis.

However, I want to build my own websites and not pay stacks on getting others to do them for me. I used to buid them in the Web 1.0 days, but I've not kept up since then. Is it still Java? I know there is HTML 5.0, but what would I need? And I know there are good CMSs out there, but which ones? For things like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, I'm covered, since I know social media/digital marketing inside out (I'm only a handful of people in my country that are Hootsute Certified..probably 400 at best from 10 million people..)

Sil

This is a test.
Pick a template and save yourself time. WordPress or Squarespace are probably your best bet. Wix can be good as well; you have more direct control over the page elements. But the usability factor sucks.

WordPress has a higher learning curve than Squarespace, but it has a lot more features and flexibility in the long run. You can buy great, affordable templates through Envato.

If you plan to have a simple site, I'd say choose Wix or Squarespace. If you plan to get a little more complex in your site map/layout, consider WordPress.

Adam

MBTI Type
DEUS
^This.

If you want to learn a programming language, at least learn one with a wide array of application, such as C#.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say: do what Sil recommended.

If that isn't enough and you really want to learn *programming* then go for python that is superb and easy to learn, good for both web and general purpose programming on every platform. Python is like a breeze compared to other complex typed languages with complex runtimes (like C++/C#/java).