User Tag List

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Question Is anyone here a social worker?

I have an assignment for school in which I need to interview someone who's a social worker. It doesn't have to be face to face. I just need to ask some questions to get "insider information" about the field. I figured I would ask here first since I still have some time before I have to actually turn anything in. Wouldn't have to use your real name if you don't want to, and we could do it over PM or skype (whichever preferred).

I don't know if anyone on here is actually a social worker or not, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISFp Fi

Don't remember clearly but I may have overheard that @captain curmudgeon is or used to be one.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

My grandmother was, but she died when I was a senior in college. (That was not a good year.)

ornery ornithologist captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I was a social work major and am sort of working in the field. Ask away!
    Jarlaxle/Mane: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    My grandmother was, but she died when I was a senior in college. (That was not a good year.)
    I'm sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what that must be like. I've never lost a family member or friend before. (Just pets.)

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    I was a social work major and am sort of working in the field. Ask away!
    Omg yay!!! Thanks for responding for to @DarkMagician for helping. I was sort of scouting around for someone to ask ahead of time; I've got to compile some questions to ask first, but I really appreciate it in advance. I can probably shoot you a PM with some questions around Thursday or Friday (that's when my school week ends), and since the due date for my assignment isn't for a few weeks, you don't have to worry about responding right way if you're busy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what that must be like. I've never lost a family member or friend before. (Just pets.)

Omg yay!!! Thanks for responding for to @DarkMagician for helping. I was sort of scouting around for someone to ask ahead of time; I've got to compile some questions to ask first, but I really appreciate it in advance. I can probably shoot you a PM with some questions around Thursday or Friday (that's when my school week ends), and since the due date for my assignment isn't for a few weeks, you don't have to worry about responding right way if you're busy.
    I'm a sociology major.