User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTJ

Default The Big Interview Thread

I know I could've used this when I started job hunting for the first time, and even after.

I think it would be a good idea to start up a centralized thread for people to ask question, provide feedback and tips, and discuss the process of interviewing for a job/internships in different industries.

This thread should cover anything related to job hunting, writing a resume/ cv, prepping for an interview, taking prerequisite standardized tests, to what to expect/how to behave in the actual interview itself.

Maybe some users can offer to help in the editing/ restructuring of other members resume. Please ensure that no personal info is included.

Post links, tips, suggestions, studies, diagrams, etcetera, as you see fit- so long as it is interesting / useful.

Here's a helpful thread I saw on Reddit a while back about questions to ask your interviewer when you're asked "do you have any questions?" at the end of the interview.

Some of the upvoted responses were:

What does success look like in this role?
    Is there anything about my resume that concerns you?
    Could you give an example of a typical working day?
    etc.
    Likes Codex liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid in grids View Post
    Here's a helpful thread I saw on Reddit a while back about questions to ask your interviewer when you're asked "do you have any questions?" at the end of the interview.

Some of the upvoted responses were:

etc.
    Being prepared is incredibly vital; part of it is exactly this.

To add to your suggestions

Try to discuss a part of the application that raised questions to you such as
    " how large will the team be?"
    " what are some expected challenges to be faced in this position"
    " where will I be expected to travel, and what is the frequency" - if travel is expected.
    " who are my primary internal and external stakeholders" - if not already defined.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I found this on Reddit today and I liked it.

I'm a bad resource though. I've been very lucky with work so I think my experience is so unlikely as to not really be useful. I basically walk in there thinking I'm hot shit, have a good time, tell them what they want to hear, SUCCESS.

Likes Ingrid in grids liked this post

Permabanned

Don't let the big interview be your first interview. I learned that the hard way.