• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Big Interview Thread

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I know I could've used this when I started job hunting for the first time, and even after.

I think it would be a good idea to start up a centralized thread for people to ask question, provide feedback and tips, and discuss the process of interviewing for a job/internships in different industries.

This thread should cover anything related to job hunting, writing a resume/ cv, prepping for an interview, taking prerequisite standardized tests, to what to expect/how to behave in the actual interview itself.

Maybe some users can offer to help in the editing/ restructuring of other members resume. Please ensure that no personal info is included.

Post links, tips, suggestions, studies, diagrams, etcetera, as you see fit- so long as it is interesting / useful.

Ingrid in grids

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Here's a helpful thread I saw on Reddit a while back about questions to ask your interviewer when you're asked "do you have any questions?" at the end of the interview.

Some of the upvoted responses were:

etc.

Being prepared is incredibly vital; part of it is exactly this.

To add to your suggestions

Try to discuss a part of the application that raised questions to you such as
" how large will the team be?"
" what are some expected challenges to be faced in this position"
" where will I be expected to travel, and what is the frequency" - if travel is expected.
" who are my primary internal and external stakeholders" - if not already defined.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I found this on Reddit today and I liked it.

lcKs1OQ.jpg

I'm a bad resource though. I've been very lucky with work so I think my experience is so unlikely as to not really be useful. I basically walk in there thinking I'm hot shit, have a good time, tell them what they want to hear, SUCCESS.

Beorn

Permabanned
Don't let the big interview be your first interview. I learned that the hard way.