• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Java certification classes.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyone on here know of any good online classes to get java certification? I have pretty much hit the peak of my job grade unless I get java certified. My boss thinks it's retarded because my performance shows otherwise, but it's not his decision. Some people up top want a piece of paper, not actual work.

My biggest issue is my lack of terminology. I have been doing this for 9 years now and have moved from the bottom of the group into the technical lead due to my knowledge and expertise. Things like polymorphisms, etc, while I know the concepts i have issues with remembering what the are called. So I am always having to look things up when used by name with no context, which is very infrequently which plays into my lack as well. The second someone brings up context i know exactly what they are talking about. have always pretty lived my life by how not what.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've heard good things about Codeacademy. A lot of my friends have Computer Science degrees, and a I know a hand full of Graphic Designers who have talked about it before.

I can't recommend based on personal experience though, I don't know the first thing about coding.