• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how do i formally learn jungian, mbti, etc psychology?

dog

MBTI Type
infp
i was thinking of going back to school. i was thinking psychology as i have been soooo blessed by discovering mbti this year....i love learning on my own in my own timing. but if i can get financial aid it may spearhead my learning to go right to a college. . anyone know any colleges in the u.s. that would be worth attending- ones that would help with mbti , jungian theory etc?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As far as education path goes, I think your best bet for a career involving MBTI would be to get an masters degree in social psychology or counseling psychology which would then allow you to become a certified MBTI practitioner. General psychology would also work as long as you make sure to take relevant electives. Since psychology is a pretty common major, most colleges should have moderately decent programs. The exact school you attend won't be too relevant especially for undergrad. As long as you do well, you can always upgrade for grad school.

If finances are a concern, I highly recommended starting with a community college and taking all your prereqs there. Unless you've got money and/or scholarships lying around, there's no point in spending more money at a 4-year to take the exact same courses for the first two years anyway.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
There are some jungian schools around the world where you can study to become a jungian analyst. Im pretty sure you need a degree on psychology first, but not sure. Google jungian institute and you should get your answers. I should say that its not just the study of typology, and getting some MBTI certificate is a whole another thing. Its more of an aid in a career of career councelor, leadership positions etc. Not some major thing to study to get a profession from MBTI. Ofc you can get the certificate that allows you to teach MBTI, but even that case i would recommend a formal paychology training to have a wider understanding on human psyche and so that you would come out as more trusted trainer for your customers.
Also i should mention that these MBTI certificates are not cheap. And they dont have either in colleges, but i think there was one center in us or canada that teaches jungian theory and from which you can get at least a partial degree on psychology, but im not sure on its details.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

dog

MBTI Type
infp
thanks. just trying to explore my options. .i've always struggled with formal education. . this stuff here though is so interesting i thought maybe i'd do better at mbti only. . maybe its an excuse but it just seems like my INFP gets me all idealistically excited, and then i run out steam. seems to be a pattern in my life. . maybe i'll just do one online course at time....thanks guys

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
dog with an education:
117478-3.jpg

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yep, that'll be me on the suicide hot line. ...and then people can rent me out; cuz you know how healing us dogs can be.

Is this offensive to you? You sound very hurt.

dog

MBTI Type
infp
Is this offensive to you? You sound very hurt.

seriously? that's how i came across?? that's terrible. . . like that's the OPPOSITE of what i was feeling/thinking.....just read an article how bad the internet us cuz a lot of communication is not just reading people's inflections but their facial expressions as well. like there's suppose to be 43 muscles in the face. . when i was a kid a friend could tell i was lying if my nose flared lol

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol sarcasm is very hard to detect especially when you don't know someone well and your sentence was 2/3rd negative and so I went with you're feeling bad.

Now that I read it again, it's not you who is the victim, it's you being the helper. Your sentence makes more sense now ;)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
seriously? that's how i came across?? that's terrible. . . like that's the OPPOSITE of what i was feeling/thinking.....just read an article how bad the internet us cuz a lot of communication is not just reading people's inflections but their facial expressions as well. like there's suppose to be 43 muscles in the face. . when i was a kid a friend could tell i was lying if my nose flared lol

Did the article mention how emoticons are the "facial expression" of the interwebs? Anyways thats not how you came across to me

dog

MBTI Type
infp
Did the article mention how emoticons are the "facial expression" of the interwebs? Anyways thats not how you came across to me

oh is THAT what emoticons are for. of course :doh:....i am sooooo slow at learning.:wack:....i mean, this changes everything:bunnyglee: you:rock:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
oh is THAT what emoticons are for. of course :doh:....i am sooooo slow at learning.:wack:....i mean, this changes everything:bunnyglee: you:rock:

I read some article about that study and they mentioned the emoticon thing. Did the original study mention it as well? :doh:

dog

MBTI Type
infp
I read some article about that study and they mentioned the emoticon thing. Did the original study mention it as well? :doh:

i dont think the study i mentioned used it ...but i just found some with the emoticon thing. very cool stuff. it says we use touch, words, facial expression, body language, and sound in real life; and the more we can use these 5 on the internet, the better we can communicate.....which of course is difficult cuz you cant touch someone. of course we can send :hug: lol....

dog

MBTI Type
infp
Lol sarcasm is very hard to detect especially when you don't know someone well and your sentence was 2/3rd negative and so I went with you're feeling bad.

Now that I read it again, it's not you who is the victim, it's you being the helper. Your sentence makes more sense now ;)

thanks for the personal input. I have developed deep negative thinking patterns over the years (unchecked infp habits?). i would have never noticed that in my writing. ..this is one reason why i was asking about school- cuz i need a life change. the negativity went deep inside my soul.... destroyed me emotionally. now i'm trying to dig out. ..(hmmm,:thinking: did i just do it again? more negativity?:)