User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 34

  1. #11
    Post Human Post
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,079

    Default

    I don't understand, which subjects aren't related to Fi? This does not process.

    JK, I get along well with ENTPs and INTPs when discussing neato crazy and interesting ideas, and how things work, connect on the Ne. I have nerd cred, so I can always default to systems, techie stuff and electronic hobby stuff, which many ENTPs I've run into have some interest in. Maybe he does as well?
    ▵▵▵
    Likes Luke O, Starry liked this post

  2. #12
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    @Qlip @five sounds @Starry (i dont know if the @ works if there's a space? mod people? help? is it like five_sounds? five+sounds)
    Do mods have an @mod or @mods tag? Because that'd be useful and stuff. Anyway i digress.

    Thanks for all the comments guys. Much appreciated.
    Just. Part of me, when I get negative feedback just wants to be like "yay I can become better at stuff" but at the same time It so happened that one of the clients is where a common acquaintance works. So I asked for her feedback on my work and it was pretty much like "dude you work so hard! WTF is wrong with *ENFP*, he was supposed to deliver the project 6 months ago you came in and fixed everything and he gives you shit on a daily basis for that ????! Of course the client isn't going to pay right away after finishing the project when *ENFP* didn't even return his calls for 6 months?! What the hell did he imagine?! )

    As to ENFPs yeah I like them, I mean there's a 'personal fit' factor from individual to individual but overall when it comes to smart enfps we get along just fine. and that particular ENFP is smart. I was even in romantic relationships with enfps (a female enfp @Starry, you devil) so it's not like I have some fundamental issue with them. Or maybe it's some kind of 'if you can't kill them, fuck them' I dont know.

    Nah you guys are cool. Just I think this ENFP is very stressed. I would appreciate feedback from enfps or people who've seen enfps or/and enneagram 7 stressed (i think he's a 7 but I give it a 50% chance only. He self tested enfp and i fully agree with this assesment)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    832

    Default

    For starters: Keep him away from here. I noticed my interaction with ENFPs who aren't typology aware (At least not beyond the occasional test) is a lot better then ENFPs who are (And know about the evil cold Ti coming to gut their hearts open.. Or something to that effect). Second... It might be faster to just solve his personal problems for him and get back to work.


    You'll want this.

  4. #14
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I'm currently working on projects for an ENFP. I'm just frustrated by how I essentially get critiqued for everything that 'goes wrong' (75% of that in my opinion is not anything that went wrong at all) when he doesn't apply the same rules to himself. Ok that's not relevant I guess.

    I think the main problem I have is communicating with Fi. Because to me it sounds "i feel a and b and c" and frankly I don't care how someone feels about things in a work context. whether it's my employer or client. I realize that's an issue and I'm easy to talk to for 'positive talks' however I have a hard time in Fi talks where I feel like it's all a 'personal talk about work' which has no place in a work context and gets my 'fe guilt trip' started. Which drives me nuts because i'll start feeling like shit when I have to be motivated on the project.

    I think NTJs deal with that better. IE: in my experience they 'll just state A) is ur problem because C and D and don't seem to harbor any doubts what so ever. Whether I see critique when I'm working hard as a personal attack on my ability. Because all i hear in these context is ' you are incompetent' which I am not and "I am perfect" which he is not. And it drives me nuts.

    I'm someone who learns new skills on the fly as projects require. Including programming and design. I don't know many people in my industry willing to do that without an hourly compentation just because they want to make sure the project is successful.

    so yeah. I guess I'm just pissed off.
    So i'd say my main problem is that the Fi talks just drive me into Fe guilt trip and prevent me from being 'rational' on the project and therefore impact my productivity. Which in turn gets me more 'Fi talks' and makes me murderous.
    As an ENFP I'll give you some help. When working with ENFP's you will find that ENFP's vary widely depending on their stage of development as well as their environment. So it will be hard for me to give you specifics but it sounds like you are dealing with someone who isn't as developed as some of the world class ENFP's. Their are many ENFP's that even I have a hard time getting along with although their behavior brings a smile to my face because I can understand where they are coming from. While most ISTJ, ENTJ's and ESTJ for example understand each other very well, I find that NF functions don't.

    Here is some of my advice.

    #1 Motivations are the most important thing for us. We focus way more on what we intended then what the person actually understood.
    #2 Authenticity comes hand in hand with motivations. Be real and stop sugar coating. If you are holding back DON'T.
    #3 The stress situations you mentioned are generally two things.
    a. Anything that goes wrong is a breakup of our "perfect" reality. The reason we are so easy going most of the time is because we just go with the flow and rarely plan. When something goes wrong it shatters our sense of calmness.
    b. AND (our calmness won't shatter if we are dealing with someone who is highly resourceful) we are anticipating a negative conversation. More often then not what I've found is that if an ENFP gets negative its because intuitively they have picked up on a negative pattern and they are anticipating it.

    #4 If you are dealing with a well developed ENFP. They will expect accountability for mistakes and they will own up to their own mistakes as well. If this is not the case then you don't have an ENFP who is very self aware.

    #5 Don't underestimate our Fi. Personally I think Fi is a far more accurate predictor of reality then lets say Ti or Te. I say this because we live in a human world and usually logic isn't the driving force, motivations, intentions, emotions are. .... Something most Te and Ti people fail to understand. Every single NT and ST is motivated by their cognitive order, their belief systems, and their goals -- They then rationalize and argue within those boundaries. If you think YOU are being logical and he is being emotional you are wrong. You are misunderstanding the functions completely a COMMON mistake for T functions. You focus on the use of things, we Fi types (specially) focus on the meaning of things. How is that not rational? To get to the core of it? Also emotions such as fear, anger, distaste, pessimism, control, power, security are all emotions similar to giddiness, excitement, sensitivity, and optimism. Anyone who thinks they are NOT being influenced HEAVILY by MANY emotions is the one being illogical and misjudging the situation.

    It's funny how certain emotions are viewed as rational and others are viewed as irrational lol... Then people find all kinds of reasons to rationalize their emotions as "rational" because that's how the world "is".

    Ok back on topic. Sorry for the rant.

    It sounds like you guys share similar weaknesses, this probably isn't a good thing to begin with BUT you can HACK the process to make it easier. Use a project management process like SCRUM. Brain dump all of your ideas, prioritize, gain a shared vision on everything, then execute. That way you are working on the things that matter most and you can focus on 1 task at a time. If you are truly resourceful you will find a way to make it work. Change your approach until ...

    More insights into the ENFP mind. Right and wrong (ethics) are very important to us. NEVER play games and NEVER lose our trust. If we start doubting your intentions trust me the situation is going to get really bad. Be clear about WHY you want something done a certain way. If you don't want to do it all day long, fair enough. Set clear boundaries. Do a morning huddle and an evening recap session as well as weekly recaps and meetings as well.

    More than anything ENFP's are motivated by possibilities, more specifically PEOPLE possibilities. If you can prove to the ENFP that you are the resourceful baller you say you are. (Learning code etc...) Then be resourceful in this situation and I pretty much guarantee the ENFP will catch to the knew shift and join you.

    I'll add a few more things. ENFP's are stars when performing with a limited amount of variables. When we have too many variables we often expand possibilities into infinity. That's why a framework for reigning in the chaos is necessary. ENFP's are naturally great sales people although I think ENTP's are also great salespeople. For the most part I guess both ENTP's and ENFP's are highly capable at almost anything they set their mind to. The best advice I have is stop thinking the way you think is rational and they way the ENFP thinks is not. Instead harness the energy and direct it towards something productive, I think that's the only truly "rational" thing you can do.

    That's how I FEEL

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    @Qlip @five sounds @Starry (i dont know if the @ works if there's a space? mod people? help? is it like five_sounds? five+sounds)
    Do mods have an @mod or @mods tag? Because that'd be useful and stuff. Anyway i digress.

    Thanks for all the comments guys. Much appreciated.
    Just. Part of me, when I get negative feedback just wants to be like "yay I can become better at stuff" but at the same time It so happened that one of the clients is where a common acquaintance works. So I asked for her feedback on my work and it was pretty much like "dude you work so hard! WTF is wrong with *ENFP*, he was supposed to deliver the project 6 months ago you came in and fixed everything and he gives you shit on a daily basis for that ????! Of course the client isn't going to pay right away after finishing the project when *ENFP* didn't even return his calls for 6 months?! What the hell did he imagine?! )

    As to ENFPs yeah I like them, I mean there's a 'personal fit' factor from individual to individual but overall when it comes to smart enfps we get along just fine. and that particular ENFP is smart. I was even in romantic relationships with enfps (a female enfp @Starry, you devil) so it's not like I have some fundamental issue with them. Or maybe it's some kind of 'if you can't kill them, fuck them' I dont know.

    Nah you guys are cool. Just I think this ENFP is very stressed. I would appreciate feedback from enfps or people who've seen enfps or/and enneagram 7 stressed (i think he's a 7 but I give it a 50% chance only. He self tested enfp and i fully agree with this assesment)


    You're such a good person Eck.

    I'm bothered by the fact that he is blaming his fuck-ups on you <-Like there's something in that - that I'm trying to find a way to describe. Now, some may doubt our abilities but I am of the belief that the ENFP can manipulate just as effectively as all the rest of the EPs...okay? Technically, I don't think this is what he is doing here in that I strongly suspect he has actually convinced himself that these faults...whatever they may be...are truly on you. And this is the mind-fuck of the Feeler in a nutshell for you...this thing that I'm trying to describe... that when a Feeler is stressed and/or unhealthy...and feels they are letting down someone they care about or merely feel an obligation to...they will unknowingly turn that shit around on you. I am not even remotely explaining this well at all...but I very much believe that is what is occurring. He resents you for having let you down...it's all very painful for our tender souls Eck can't you see?

    It's so fucked-up...but if there's any way you could compliment his shit-work...lie like an ENTP my friend...and make him feel valuable while talking about golf and laughing <-this is all so sick but will most likely work if you want to do it the fast way.

  6. #16
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    You're such a good person Eck.
    That's suspicious.
    Why are you complimenting me. What's your end game. *waterboards starry*.

    On an unrelated topic I just came up with this totally innocent way of clarifying MBTI for laymen.
    It goes that way. First your judging function preference (F/T) then whether your the order of your functions EI if you are say se/ne dominant introvert Ti or Fi then your primary function n/s then a D. because i said so.

    So let's see how it works with some examples:
    ISFJ
    Feisd

    ENFP
    Fiend

    It's all very scientific and objective of course

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I'm bothered by the fact that he is blaming his fuck-ups on you <-Like there's something in that - that I'm trying to find a way to describe. Now, some may doubt our abilities but I am of the belief that the ENFP can manipulate just as effectively as all the rest of the EPs...okay? Technically, I don't think this is what he is doing here in that I strongly suspect he has actually convinced himself that these faults...whatever they may be...are truly on you. And this is the mind-fuck of the Feeler in a nutshell for you...this thing that I'm trying to describe... that when a Feeler is stressed and/or unhealthy...and feels they are letting down someone they care about or merely feel an obligation to...they will unknowingly turn that shit around on you. I am not even remotely explaining this well at all...but I very much believe that is what is occurring. He resents you for having let you down...it's all very painful for our tender souls Eck can't you see?

    It's so fucked-up...but if there's any way you could compliment his shit-work...lie like an ENTP my friend...and make him feel valuable while talking about golf and laughing <-this is all so sick but will most likely work if you want to do it the fast way.
    Well yeah. he is. and i assumed that's what he was doing but a) im not an enfp so ultimately you guys would know better. b) he's not BAD at his job at all, he has flaws like anyone else. I dont have any issue with that. I have issues with the whole "ur faults are to be expanded to the 10000th degree and while we're at it lets transfer all responsibilities of my fuckups on you then moralize about how u should have known everything about the project when I didn't even brief you properly"

    It's just. you know. not cool. and doesn't really motivate me.

    On a side note about enfps I 've known. Well yeah you guys are usually pros at the innocent game stuff. I dont know how to describe it. like this girl would get like, all guys after her and was a big flirt but it's all like she was just running in a field of butterflies and was just having fun with puppies and suddenly all these guys think she's up for sex.
    Right.
    I've been guilty of this kind of mischief more than once frankly.

    Well I mean I got the girl so I'm not sour or anything, but as an entp I found that quite funny/cute because I understand the type of games/fun seeking. ENTPs also do that sort of things, I mean just the other day I got bored and my finger slipped on the 'release mysterious substance into the sewer system of gotham city' button. I was just hanging out around that button and took the safety cap off to play with it. How I got there in the first place? Well I met this shady guy who sounded like fun and I kind of implied I might be a killer for hire then managed to place myself in that interesting 'restricted access' room. But I didnt actually intend to REALLY PRESS IT.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    ENFP
    Fiend

    That is so weird because I too used my valuable free time to create an easy-to-understand clarifying system for people new to the MBTI...

    ENTP
    nerd



    haha Eck.

    (Im not quite at home yet and will return)

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    You're such a good person Eck.
    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That's suspicious.
    Why are you complimenting me. What's your end game. *waterboards starry*.

    It's been funny to me for a few hours now that you picked-up on how awkward that sentence was to leave like that when I posted...just hovering there unnaturally. It's weird because it's only the first sentence of the 14 page essay I had wanted to gush-out on how generous and gracious and kind-spirited you are but prevented myself because I know how you like to keep that hidden. But see, I actually make things weirder when I show restraint than when I don't right? This definitely makes a strong argument for why I should never have any restrictions ever.




    Well yeah. he is. and i assumed that's what he was doing but a) im not an enfp so ultimately you guys would know better. b) he's not BAD at his job at all, he has flaws like anyone else. I dont have any issue with that. I have issues with the whole "ur faults are to be expanded to the 10000th degree and while we're at it lets transfer all responsibilities of my fuckups on you then moralize about how u should have known everything about the project when I didn't even brief you properly"
    ^^You're being very tolerant but something doesn't sit right with me merely because...while ENFPs can be absolutely hideous...we are generally not absolutely hideous in the way you describe. If he actually is an ENFP and not a mistyped ESFJ...the fact he has the attention span to recall all the ways in which you supposedly fucked-shit-up makes me uncomfortable and if it were me I would shut that down so fast. Do you want me to talk to him for you? If you think he is a good person that feels bad about his current work performance/letting you down and is putting that on you...give him lots of warm fuzzies. If you have any feeling he's a bad dude...or if he can do damage to your reputation...shut it down.



    Well yeah you guys are usually pros at the innocent game stuff. I dont know how to describe it. like this girl would get like, all guys after her and was a big flirt but it's all like she was just running in a field of butterflies and was just having fun with puppies and suddenly all these guys think she's up for sex.
    Right.

    Totally. Whenever I'm dancing in a field with wildlife...everyone knows I'm lookin for a servicing. (<-I could not type that without laughing.)

  9. #19
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    It's been funny to me for a few hours now that you picked-up on how awkward that sentence was to leave like that when I posted...just hovering there unnaturally. It's weird because it's only the first sentence of the 14 page essay I had wanted to gush-out on how generous and gracious and kind-spirited you are but prevented myself because I know how you like to keep that hidden. But see, I actually make things weirder when I show restraint than when I don't right? This definitely makes a strong argument for why I should never have any restrictions ever.
    I'd have complained about length. Then begrudgingly read it over the next 24h thinking I'm the one who started it anyway





    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    ^^You're being very tolerant but something doesn't sit right with me merely because...while ENFPs can be absolutely hideous...we are generally not absolutely hideous in the way you describe. If he actually is an ENFP and not a mistyped ESFJ...the fact he has the attention span to recall all the ways in which you supposedly fucked-shit-up makes me uncomfortable and if it were me I would shut that down so fast. Do you want me to talk to him for you? If you think he is a good person that feels bad about his current work performance/letting you down and is putting that on you...give him lots of warm fuzzies. If you have any feeling he's a bad dude...or if he can do damage our reputation...shut it down.
    Yeah he's really an enfp. I'm sure of it. So is he.
    I think he's just under a lot of stress. He works with an INTP who's apparently always like 2 weeks/2 months late on everything so he for example goes crazy if im 10 minutes late to anything. I do admit i shouldn't be late in the first place, but my point is
    a) that I am sometimes late doesn't mean he gets to blame me for other things that are due to him not reviewing the work (ie: if he wanted something another way and only tells me at the end of the project). I'm neither stupid not incompetent, there are some things I wont do in a project due to budget restrictions. If he wants to have his view of the project in the project he can either do it himself or comment on the project early on, not when all is finished.
    He's been having this obession with 'fixing all issues with his work' lately. The issue is that he can't expect other people to fix his own fuckups. He already stopped working with alot of people who according to him are 'messing up his work'. The thing is that alot of the time I think he's just essentially blaming people for not being a perfect fit for his work style. It's not a proof of incompetence that someone is not your "clone without any of your flaws".



    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Totally. Whenever I'm dancing in a field with wildlife...everyone knows I'm lookin for a servicing. (<-I could not type that without laughing.)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  10. #20
    Senior Member Riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Off topic post -

    Whatever you do dear entps dont fall in love with enfps.

    Breaks hearts they will.

    ^ wise old man
    .

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] What are the differences between ENFP and ENTP?
    By Necobellator in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-25-2016, 02:01 AM
  2. [ENFP] ENFP and ENTP relationship
    By DisneyFanGirl in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 05:29 AM
  3. ENFPs and ENTPs: What do you Think of Each Other?
    By Blackwater in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 09:43 AM
  4. Understanding the ENFP and ENTP
    By BlueScreen in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 06:49 PM
  5. [Si] Inferior Si in ENFPs and ENTPs
    By Fuent in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO