• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

AP Exam tomorrow.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Now be happy that you've written it and you don't need to worry about it anymore:)

The test completely wiped me out, though! I'll be lounging around the house like a wet pancake for the rest of the day.
You have every right. I'm usually like that after exams.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Screw AP courses, take advanced courses. You can challenge yourself without doing extra work. I take English 101 and college Spanish in 12th grade. I'll be going to a community college next year with 12 college credits, which means I will only have to take the maths, science, and a few arts courses. Languages are out of the way :)

á´…eparted

passages
All in all, I'll be happy with a 2 or 3.

Hopefully you get a 3. Universities almost never give anything for a 2, but occasionally give course credit for 3's depending on the school and the course. When you start applying for colleges in the next few years (I assume you will be based off the fact that you're in AP classes so early), check on their websites for a list of the course credits given for AP scores.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Screw AP courses, take advanced courses. You can challenge yourself without doing extra work. I take English 101 and college Spanish in 12th grade. I'll be going to a community college next year with 12 college credits, which means I will only have to take the maths, science, and a few arts courses. Languages are out of the way :)

I don't get what you're saying. Are you saying to enroll in college courses (usually community college courses) as a high school student? You most certainly can do this, but the reason people take AP classes is because it's far cheaper than taking a university course.

/DG/

A sophomore, actually. (I frequently have to remind myself of that when I fret about the future.)

Oh and are you planning on taking any more AP classes in the future? I'd highly recommend AP psych. This one was crazy easy if you studied.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Oh and are you planning on taking any more AP classes in the future? I'd highly recommend AP psych. This one was crazy easy if you studied.

I'm limiting myself to one AP per year, because I don't have particularly ambitious goals. Next year I'll take AP Lang, and then AP Psych as a senior. I also plan to go to community college, and where I'm going, all your APs are wiped out somehow. So I've decided that I'll only take AP classes if they genuinely peak my interest. :)

/DG/

I'm limiting myself to one AP per year, because I don't have particularly ambitious goals. Next year I'll take AP Lang, and then AP Psych as a senior. I also plan to go to community college, and where I'm going, all your APs are wiped out somehow. So I've decided that I'll only take AP classes if they genuinely peak my interest. :)

Wait what??? They don't count AP exams where you're going? Why in the world would you waste money and effort on it then???

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Wait what??? They don't count AP exams where you're going? Why in the world would you waste money and effort on it then???

Money? :shock:

I just feel like I have standards to live up to. And maybe it'd be fun, I don't know. :shrug:

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually, when given he opportunity to take college courses in high school, they are completely free. The school pays for all of it. There's also trade schools you can go to for half your school day where I live. Idk if she really has the opportunity to do so, I was just making a suggestion.
I don't get what you're saying. Are you saying to enroll in college courses (usually community college courses) as a high school student? You most certainly can do this, but the reason people take AP classes is because it's far cheaper than taking a university course.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Money? :shock:

I just feel like I have standards to live up to. And maybe it'd be fun, I don't know. :shrug:

Yeah it's like $100 a test. I know, we just paid for 3 of them. But our daughter wouldn't be taking them if the college she plans to attend didn't count them (she's valedictorian of her class too).

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My daughter took AP Environmental Science a couple of weeks ago.. our district must pay for the testing because we were never asked to pay anything for it.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my high school really encouraged us to take ap classes/tests because I think it helped their standing somehow and they were a pretty high ranked public high school. but certain tests like 90% of the class failed. that happened for art history, almost everyone got a 1 but I managed a 4 somehow. my teacher loved me for that.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Major bump to this thread, because I'm in the same situation a year later. I ended up getting a 2 on the AP World exam. Meh. Not the end of the world.

Anyway, tomorrow is my AP Lang exam. I'm nervous as fuck. Three essays in under three hours is daunting, even for a writer (and I haven't done very well on any of the essays anyway; there just isn't enough time for me to think and be coherent). Wish me luck, fam.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Major bump to this thread, because I'm in the same situation a year later. I ended up getting a 2 on the AP World exam. Meh. Not the end of the world.

Anyway, tomorrow is my AP Lang exam. I'm nervous as fuck. Three essays in under three hours is daunting, even for a writer (and I haven't done very well on any of the essays anyway; there just isn't enough time for me to think and be coherent). Wish me luck, fam.

Good luck. Relax. Have fun.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm taking it too, but I'm not nervous since I'm past the point of caring.

I agree with you on the not having enough time to think on the essays. But you should be fine as long as your argument is sound.

Good luck.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I'm taking it too, but I'm not nervous since I'm past the point of caring.

I agree with you on the not having enough time to think on the essays. But you should be fine as long as your argument is sound.

Good luck.

Good luck to you too! Nice to know I'm not the only forumer who's in this boat. :)

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx