• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBA

loveheart

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I am considering taking MBA course. I know GMAT tests are very analytical and logical which I am not very good at. I am ENFJ and I hate analytical questions.

Do you think for MBA it is more suitable for other MBTI types? I mean I am still going to go ahead but just curious. I found some article saying that ENTJs are quite common in MBA students because of their intuiting/thinking/judging quality.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Different types fit well into different roles within businesses... there's more than enough room for practically all types... then again, taking a job which, analytically, may not be suitable for your type, doesn't necessarily mean you won't excel in it or even that you won't love it...

The main question is, why do you want an MBA? So you can make money? I know a lot of people who go into business solely for that reason and they're doing very well.

Also, there are definitely ENTJ's and other T types who don't like math... so don't worry solely on that count. If you really want to do well on the GMAT, practice... even people who are innately good at that stuff need to practice (even if they don't work that hard on the GMAT itself, trust me they've done the legwork in prior years). Start with a Kaplan GMAT workbook and just drill... (Kaplan tends to be tougher than the actual tests, so it's usually better when it comes to improving your scores).

In the end, it's all about hard work. Particularly with business and finance, where the rewards often come very very late in the game...

[I can say this because I was a stockbroker for two years...]

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm an INFJ with an MBA and did the same on the GMAT as on the SAT...The degree has definitely done me well in some circles and the classes weren't all that hard, but looking back it was a lot of jumping through hoops with little food for thought about what mattered to me. You might look at some organizational development/Human resources nuances or separate programs. Mine's in finance and it makes my head hurt to think I actually spent 5 years crunching numbers for banks.

loveheart

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Thanks guys... Btw.. how long did you spend studying for GMAT? I don't think I can make the first application deadline for 2009. Maybe aim for 2010 fall start?

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
im getting my mba right now.

no biggie.

with ur classmates, its actually cool to find other chill types. i def. trust the chill types more, others can be kind of sharks, but u know, u don't have to be like best friends with all of them. lol

i hate networkign tho... so fake! but yeah... oh wells.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Thanks guys... Btw.. how long did you spend studying for GMAT? I don't think I can make the first application deadline for 2009. Maybe aim for 2010 fall start?

Did you take the SAT? If you did well on it, I wouldn't worry too much about the GMAT (unless it's been over a decade since teh SAT). I got the exact same % score and hear that's common.

I'd check the Kaplan book out, try a test, take the GMAT without reporting the scores. If you do well, you're done. If not, you'll have a good idea of how much you need to study.

And, it really depends on where you want to go. There are so many MBA programs and what you need for Kellogg is different from what GMAT scores other schools'll take...

Oso Mocoso

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I am an xNTP who just graduated with an MBA. Getting into the program was fairly easy for me. I was a B student in my undergrad, so nothing impressive there. In my career after graduation, I had three promotions in five years. In the GMAT I scored in the top 98th percentile. With that record, I applied to my top choice MBA school for early acceptance and got in.

Relative to other subjects, I really suck at math. I found the required Finance and Accounting courses tough to get through. I had to work my ass off to pass them. I did the bear minimum in those areas to get through the degree. I specialized in Internet Marketing and Technology Management.

Look, an MBA is a pretty customizable degree. If you're interested in it, you can probably make it work for you. Don't let the math requirements intimidate you. I suck at math, and I got the degree.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Business career = vomit

oh shit, I've got a degree in economics