• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tu parles français? Viens ici!

lastrailway

Il y a longtemps que j'ai pas parle francais, peut-etre ca serait une bonne occasion de m'en rapeller un petit peu.

(Imagine accents and the thingy below the c)

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
J'ai un question pour les personnes ici -- quelle forme de français est-ce que tu parles? Parce que je vis au Canada, mon français est du Québec au lieu du France, mais je pense pour la majorité ici il serait l'opposé.

Même pire, je suis Belge! :yes:

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I know you know what I mean, I'm just putting it into words for other people who're trying to learn and do the same thing. A good way to train yourself out of doing it is, if you can't actually get the chance to be around Francophones very often (as I don't!!), try to keep your hand in by listening to French media as often as possible. With so many webcasting radio stations (Radio Courtoisie is good for learners because they speak good French, lots of talking and usually not too fast, and no slang/streetspeak) and lots of French movies and TV series on youtube, it's not difficult to over time get a feel for the way French sentences are constructed.
Well, I spent twelve years in a french immersion program, which means that everyone refused to speak the damn language. As such, my knowledge of conversational french is a lot more limited than it should be. My accent and my vocabulary (as you mentionned) is all right, though I can't construct phrases to save my life. Though thanks for the suggestions, I'll be sure to look into them. It's actually very different speaking french inside a school, where they tend not to bother correcting the way you speak (as they generally assume that high school students won't bother to apply the criticisms), and because of that we sound weird when we talk to people who actually know the language well. I wish I was put into an actual french program, as opposed to an immersion program.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
BLOODY EYES

^^^^^^^^
that's what I was going for

Hehehe - un oeil, deux yeux.

A bit like one foot, two feet. :)

Aerithria, I know what you mean, it's a huge leap I've had to make myself in other languages, to go from intellectually understanding the language and being able to understand when it's spoken/written, to being able to speak it live with natives. Very scary to begin with, but once you've sat round a dinner table a few times and had to go to the drugstore to explain what sort of insect bite you need treatment for lol you soon get the hang of it :)

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Devant le succès ininterrompu des topics consacrés aux langues allemandes ou espagnoles, je crois qu'il est temps de remonter celui-là, histoire de leur faire une concurrence, même symbolique!

Alors: que celle ou celui qui désire un petit conseil en français se manifeste, l'entretien est gratuit! :)

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Une chanson française contemporaine (dans la plus pure tradition), juste pour se mettre en situation.

[youtube=1X3BWdOt8F0]"J'aime plus Paris"[/youtube]

Thomas Dutronc, "J'aime plus Paris"

Elle est très bien écrite, même si évidemment, son texte est truffé de jeux de mots divers, d'allusions fines, de cette dérision douce-amère si caractéristique de notre temps (et de l'état d'esprit de nombre de mes compatriotes).

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
J'ai visiter en france deux temps et j'etudie le francais a l'ecole, mais ma (mon?) grammaire est comme la (le?) merde.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
J'ai visiter en france deux temps et j'etudie le francais a l'ecole, mais ma (mon?) grammaire est comme la (le?) merde.

Si tu tiens à obtenir quelques rapides corrections de tes exercices de français, n'hésite pas! :D
Sans vouloir me vanter, j'utilise généralement un français de niveau universitaire, il y a donc un risque très faible d'erreur, même sur des points relativement pointus (concordance des temps... etc...).

---

Où donc es-tu allée en France, lors de tes deux pérégrinations? :)

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Alors

Voici mon ultime chanson preferee de tout temps

[YOUTUBE="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXzsAyu5QU]YouTube - Noir Desir"]Le vent nous portera - Noir desir[/YOUTUBE]

Elle decrit plutot tres bien ma vision existentielle de la vie. J'aime bien la connotation entre "le vent nous portera" et "le vent l'emportera".

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
AHAHA tu as effectivement commis BEAUCOUP d'erreurs de grammaire.

Mais j'ai bien compris ce que tu voulais dire.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Ahhh, ca ne fonctionne pas. C'est pourquoi j'ai decrit mon clavier de stupide.