• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you go to the doctor working a 9 to 5 job?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
This is a pretty strange thread for this type of forum, but I really need some career advice right now. I have PTSD and was just going to college for years full time and that's how I paid my bills. However, in March of 2014, the family car that we had was put out of commission and just got too old to run, and just needed to many repairs to keep. Therefore, I did the only thing that I could do; I dropped out of college, got a security license, got a job as a security guard, and took what remaining money I had left in loan money to pay for a used car out of pocket. This security guard has been been good for me (having PTSD and all); with this security job I have been able to work 11pm to 7am shifts, have been able to qualify for a large Obama Care subsidy and get insurance, and have been able to go to the doctor due to the work hours that I keep.

However, back in December, the used car that we got in March broke down already, and we had to go to a car dealership and get another one. This really put a cramp in my style because the car was too expensive and my father (who lives with me) and I really couldn't afford it, but I bought it anyway because my father is a felon, and his main money comes from his music gigs. My father really needed this car to carry his drums, and I can not survive without my father's income because my job pays so little. Not only that, but my health insurance through Obama Care has literally doubled in price as well, because the stupid-ass who helped me apply for Obama Care calculated my numbers wrong. The bottom line is that, now I don't make enough money and my expenses outweigh the wage that I am making. The only way that I have survived thus far, is that I got a lot of Christmas money and I saved it. However, my pool of money is drying up VERY QUICKLY.

I really hate my job as well because the hours are Wednesday through Sunday 11pm to 7am, and I never get to see my friends, and I never get to go out with any women because of these miserable hours. I hate the hours that I keep so much, that it's very hard not to jump in front of a bus everyday...literally. However, the hours do allow me to go to the doctor. If you were in my situation, what would you do?: get a second job or try to find another job that is 9 to 5 with the weekends off? Also, if I got a higher paying 9 to 5 job, how would I go to my doctor's appointments?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Tell your employer that you need to go to doctor. That should count same as being sick, if it doesent, move out of the country while you still can.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Easiest options are if you can schedule your doctor appointments for lunch break, or if you can do it first thing in the morning or late afternnon. You might come in at 9:30 on those mornings, but then work until 5:30 or 6:00 to make up the time; or come in early so you can leave early. Much will depend on the exact nature of your job,

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You either schedule it in the morning before work, lunch hours, or ask your employer for the day off. There are a lot of doctors that start work from 8-3/4. It is possible to schedule an appointment early with your doctor for 8am. although it might be doctor dependent... some can take anywhere from a few minutes to half an hour to get ready to do check-ups.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Easiest options are if you can schedule your doctor appointments for lunch break, or if you can do it first thing in the morning or late afternnon. You might come in at 9:30 on those mornings, but then work until 5:30 or 6:00 to make up the time; or come in early so you can leave early. Much will depend on the exact nature of your job,

You either schedule it in the morning before work, lunch hours, or ask your employer for the day off. There are a lot of doctors that start work from 8-3/4. It is possible to schedule an appointment early with your doctor for 8am. although it might be doctor dependent... some can take anywhere from a few minutes to half an hour to get ready to do check-ups.

Ok thanks a lot for the info guys.