• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any lawyers on this forum?

BWCB1890

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm interested in becoming a corporate lawyer at a BigLaw firm in New York City. Is anyone a lawyer here or at least gone to law school?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm not a lawyer but don't write your entrance essay about how you did drugs for 10 years been clean for 9 months and how awesome you are cuz you slept with 100 people and got attached to none.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I remember once trying to talk this kid out of law school. I kept trying to convince him but he thought I was fucking with him, and then finally Haight banned me from that thread because apparently he was coaching that kid on the down low that being a lawyer is totally tits.

And you know what? Serves me right for trying to help someone.

So yeah, go to law school. Have a blast. The world will be your oyster.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I know too many regretful/disillusioned lawyers to recommend law school to anyone who isn't just completely driven to be a lawyer, couldn't be happy doing something else, &c &c. (And those people don't usually ask for advice or feedback about their plans to attend law school.) The field is also quite saturated so the chances of landing in a fancy NYC corporate law firm are fairly slim. Having said that, I do also know a few very fulfilled lawyers of the sort I described earlier, so if you are determined (not just an "I could do that, and lawyers make a lot of money" thing- most of them actually don't), go for it. I'd widen your sights on acceptable settings to practice law after law school, though, since you might not get the New York corporate law dream job and you certainly wouldn't get it right away.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I remember once trying to talk this kid out of law school. I kept trying to convince him but he thought I was fucking with him, and then finally Haight banned me from that thread because apparently he was coaching that kid on the down low that being a lawyer is totally tits.

And you know what? Serves me right for trying to help someone.

So yeah, go to law school. Have a blast. The world will be your oyster.

:rofl1: Too bad 'rehash Edgar's bitter moments of trying to be nice to strangers' isn't an achievement to unlock on this forum.