• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are there any job openings on Typology Central?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Article in the WSJ on whether you should list gaming skills on your resume:

"Can 'World of Warcraft' Game Skills Help Land a Job?"

Excerpt:

Link to article: Can 'World of Warcraft' Game Skills Help Land a Job? - WSJ

I should be highly employable then, because not only do I organize a guild group, I lead pick up groups with a 90% success rate!

If it makes things any better, I know most classes and fights. I am also a good raider because I listen to instructions and follow mechanics.

Where's my job?

iHeartCats

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
no
I feel like I am too new and inexperienced to moderate this forum, so I am content with being just one of the members.

I did offer to moderate TreeBob's forum for only 250.000,00$ per hour, but he didn't comment on my offer.

Strange.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He probably didn't understand what "250.000,00$" was.

:shrug:

I should be highly employable then, because not only do I organize a guild group, I lead pick up groups with a 90% success rate!

If it makes things any better, I know most classes and fights. I am also a good raider because I listen to instructions and follow mechanics.

Where's my job?

If you can teach us how to effectively gank moderators from other forums and loot the bodies, you're in.

Mole

Permabanned
Most of what they do is policing. The police are not leaders.

Yes, this is true.

The two leaders of Central have been male, and they were and are the owners. And the controllers of Central are almost all female.

And this power structure mirrors the origins of Central with a male guru, Jung, with the two female controllers, Mrs Briggs and her daughter, Mrs Myers.

And Central mirrors most cults with a male head and female controllers.

This power structure has the advantage of leaving the male head above the fray, while leaving the female controllers to do the dirty work.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
nah he can put
moderater at typology central sept 2014- current
the internet
  • herded crazies
  • overs saw posting patterns over others
  • banned people
  • made decisions about what to do about people
  • had a blue name, to denote superiority
So tempted. I can't even

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, this is true.

The two leaders of Central have been male, and they were and are the owners. And the controllers of Central are almost all female.

And this power structure mirrors the origins of Central with a male guru, Jung, with the two female controllers, Mrs Briggs and her daughter, Mrs Myers.

And Central mirrors most cults with a male head and female controllers.

This power structure has the advantage of leaving the male head above the fray, while leaving the female controllers to do the dirty work.

Haight always thought females were better moderators. :shrug:

But yeah, I'm a broompusher. :D

carol-burnett-classic.jpg

... I'm glad you like this little cult so much that you have stayed longer than most other members.

Mole

Permabanned
... I'm glad you like this little cult so much that you have stayed longer than most other members.

Two and a half thousand years ago Socrates and Plato taught us to question our presuppostions. This wasn't popular then and is not popular now. So I am grateful for the opportunity to question the presuppositions of Typology Central, even if it is unpopular.

And as well as being free to question the presuppositions of Typology Central I have the added reward of touching warm muzzle to warm muzzle with lovely members across the globe in different cultures, with different languages, in different seasons, with different values, and different histories.

What's not to like?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most of what they do is policing. The police are not leaders.
Most of what they do is policing, by necessity. But to the extent that they (for good or for bad) revamp rule sets, generate ideas, incorporate feedback, and shape the direction of a site, mods do lead. Responding to reported posts and intervening in terrible garbage threads are not the only responsibilities of mods.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Two and a half thousand years ago Socrates and Plato taught us to question our presuppostions. This wasn't popular then and is not popular now. So I am grateful for the opportunity to question the presuppositions of Typology Central, even if it is unpopular.

Questioning suppositions is a two-way street.... or at least, should be. Being part of a community means allowing your own stated suppositions to be challenged, so that the process goes both ways and everyone benefits.

And as well as being free to question the presuppositions of Typology Central I have the added reward of touching warm muzzle to warm muzzle with lovely members across the globe in different cultures, with different languages, in different seasons, with different values, and different histories.

What's not to like?

Yup, that's my original point -- that you've liked this little cult long enough to outlast some other members. :)

Mole

Permabanned
Questioning suppositions is a two-way street.... or at least, should be. Being part of a community means allowing your own stated suppositions to be challenged, so that the process goes both ways and everyone benefits.

That's why I am here. I express my presuppositions openly and freely and invite a critique. I know I am not infallible, but I don't know just where I am fallible, so I rely upon you to tell me.

However many come here to have their presuppositions validated by the like minded, such as their presuppostions about Jung and Freud, presuppostions about Briggs and Myers, presuppostions about the New Age, and presuppostions about USA popular culture.

Presuppostions are warm and comfortable and familiar. And the reality is that those with damaged psyches seek the warm, comfortable and the familiar, and deeply resent anyone who, like Socrates, questions the familiar - good heavens it is like an attack on the family!

And we all know what happened to Socrates.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
However many come here to have their presuppositions validated by the like minded, such as their presuppostions about Jung and Freud, presuppostions about Briggs and Myers, presuppostions about the New Age, and presuppostions about USA popular culture.

I can see what you mean :).

Are you saying your reward from participating is seeking truth? Is it personal enjoyment of making insightful and interesting comments? Is it that you get a charge out of challenging people?

Of course, nobody is compensated financially for anything here. It is a volunteer endeavor. Initially, I got involved to discuss topics that I was interested in with others who shared that interest. It grew into more. Sometimes I wonder how that even happened :shrug:. I contribute in the way that I do because it is a community of some great people and I think that personality type can be of practical value in people's lives. I'm not a fan of Freud but do think enneagram, JCF, etc. can help people understand themselves and others a little better. There is a lot of bad information that ends up getting disseminated on the Internet as well and from an aspirational standpoint, I want to help improve that situation and help this to be a resource for positive good.

Mole

Permabanned
I can see what you mean :).

Are you saying your reward from participating is seeking truth? Is it personal enjoyment of making insightful and interesting comments? Is it that you get a charge out of challenging people?

Of course, nobody is compensated financially for anything here. It is a volunteer endeavor. Initially, I got involved to discuss topics that I was interested in with others who shared that interest. It grew into more. Sometimes I wonder how that even happened :shrug:. I contribute in the way that I do because it is a community of some great people and I think that personality type can be of practical value in people's lives. I'm not a fan of Freud but do think enneagram, JCF, etc. can help people understand themselves and others a little better. There is a lot of bad information that ends up getting disseminated on the Internet as well and from an aspirational standpoint, I want to help improve that situation and help this to be a resource for positive good.

So you see we are made for each other. You champion the known, while I champion the unknown. You aspire to the good, while I aspire to liberation. You champion the taken for granted, while I seek to step outside the taken for granted into ecstasy.

We are two sides of the same coin. Turn you over, and they find me, and turn me over, and they find you.

Nicodemus

But to the extent that they (for good or for bad) revamp rule sets, generate ideas, incorporate feedback, and shape the direction of a site, mods do lead.
Many non-mods can be and are involved in most of these leading activities as well. A community of leaders.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's why I am here. I express my presuppositions openly and freely and invite a critique. I know I am not infallible, but I don't know just where I am fallible, so I rely upon you to tell me.

This wasn't supposed to become a serious critique of Mole; but that isn't my experience when engaging you on your ideas, which is why I rarely do so at this point. I enjoy our whimisical dialogues, but not really anything on an actual topic.

Moving on...

Presuppostions are warm and comfortable and familiar. And the reality is that those with damaged psyches seek the warm, comfortable and the familiar, and deeply resent anyone who, like Socrates, questions the familiar - good heavens it is like an attack on the family!

I don't really consider repeatedly calling Jung and MBTI molesters regardless of what response is provided as being a reasonable dialogue on the topic of MBTI. There are so many assumptions just in THAT little paragraph of yours.

Again, moving on...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

He chose to drink hemlock rather than give up his passion.