• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Should Assessment Tests Determine Your Next Career Move?

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Of course everyone should take an assessment test. I like how it talks about the three C's:

1. Competency.
2. Compensation.
3. Chemistry.

It's usually 2/3, or 70% of all 3 but very rare to find a job that fits 100%. Chemistry I find is the main one for me. If I like who I'm working for and with (Chemistry), I can do the job poorly (competency) for bad pay (compensation) for years!

:D

Jaguar

Honestly, if I needed a test to determine my next career move (or any kind of move) I'd consider myself unaware of my own abilities.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Determine? No. Maybe provide a recommendation.

"You tested as type HERUA, one of twenty different types. That label doesn't mean shit, really, but lots of HEURAs go into computer programming or maybe computers in general or something and there are stats on job satisfaction that seem to indicate that those people are happy, so you might want to check it out or whatever."

(If I were writing a personality assessment, that is exactly how I would phrase the results.)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if i chose a career where I had to be socially sauve, I wouldn't last. I know that I don't need an assesment to tell me that.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Knowing your MBTI, without taking any external career assessment test, is far more valuable. Once you have a clear picture of your type (or quadrant) it can help to build and develop abilities, whereas knowing suitable careers doesn't help you get there.