• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Business Casual?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I also don't start my job tomorrow. I start Monday. LOL I don't know why I said tomorrow.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm still not sure what the hell constitutes "business casual," and what does not, as it hasn't really been relevant in my life. It's still not.. but my friend is dragging me to her corporate Christmas party this weekend as her guest.. attire on the invite is "business casual." It's at a hotel, with catering, etc. Not extremely fancy, but obviously not a jeans/band tee-shirt event.

My question for you professional people - is this outfit "buisiness casual" enough for a Christmas party? Pardon the poor quality photo, it's from my clamshell phone. Inherited the suit.

High-waisted tweed blue & black skirt, A-line, falls below the knee. Has a matching blazer with it I probably wouldn't keep on the whole time because tweed is kinda warm after awhile. Black fitted long-sleeve top with a continuous string of Christmas lights pattern throughout (gift from someone last year & haven't actually worn it yet because.. well, you'll see).

I don't wear a lot of colorful stuff, and I sure don't dress "business casual" for anything.. so I'm outta my element, here. I don't usually give a damn about these things, and I can pull off formal stuff, but the gray areas confuse me. My friend hasn't gotten back to me yet about if this would be appropriate (I care since it's her job /Fe), so feedback from people here would be helpful so I can work out a contingency if this doesn't work out.

Womanclothes are stupid.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] Looks cute and I think you're good to go! Worst case scenario you'll have to keep the blazer on, despite the heat.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] Looks cute and I think you're good to go! Worst case scenario you'll have to keep the blazer on, despite the heat.

Thanks so much, lady! Getting the "okay" from an ESTJ pro definitely gives me some peace of mind that I won't be too offputting/leave a bad impression with my friend's coworkers/boss, etc. :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if you're a dude with a floppy dick you could go naked. and it be your business hanging casually