• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

language learning softwares

R

Riva

Have you used one?

Did it help?

What software would you recommend?

What language have you learned?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've illegally downloaded rosetta stone on a few occasions trying to get better at spanish, but i always lose motivation and end up giving up on it. but it seemed like it would be really helpful if you actually stuck with it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i just downloaded an app for my phone. i like it. :)

interested in learning french and spanish.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Software doesn't work for me.

I learn best when I dive into it and start reading something I want to (and consulting the dictionary on every word). It's a painful process, but it's fun and you really remember what you learn.

R

Riva

i just downloaded an app for my phone. i like it. :)

interested in learning french and spanish.

Just now? Is it because i brought it up? :D

Anyway what is the software?

I am trying out babbel. So far i like it and the payment pattern is convenient and intelligent. However it does not have japanese and has a limited amount of languages to choose from. So i'm trying out spanish - for my trial period - to see if it is worth it.

But sadly i will have to drop it eventually because it doesn't have japanese.

Spanish has no practical value for me since i have no intention of going to a spanish speaking country for a long period of time. Whereas japan i might - i wouldn't mind working there - and i watch a lot of animes so the listening part of the language learning process i might get to cover with it.

R

Riva

Software doesn't work for me.

I learn best when I dive into it and start reading something I want to (and consulting the dictionary on every word). It's a painful process, but it's fun and you really remember what you learn.

Wow that sounds hard but i realize the benefit of it. However you wouldn't get the pronunciation part right would you?

Also what languages have you learned like that? I assume you learned english that way.

R

Riva

i've illegally downloaded rosetta stone on a few occasions trying to get better at spanish, but i always lose motivation and end up giving up on it. but it seemed like it would be really helpful if you actually stuck with it.

Was it good?

Reg spanish: I like to learn spanish but don't want to because it has no practical value where i live nor does it qualify as a skill since i have no intention of moving to a spanish speaking country.

But everyone says spanish is easy and i feel bad for having to drop it after one month.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Was it good?

Reg spanish: I like to learn spanish but don't want to because it has no practical value where i live nor does it qualify as a skill since i have no intention of moving to a spanish speaking country.

But everyone says spanish is easy and i feel bad for having to drop it after one month.

Yeah it was good, I know a little Spanish so I was mostly going over stuff I already knew but it seems like a good system for learning a language for the first time.

Spanish is very useful here especially in California.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wow that sounds hard but i realize the benefit of it. However you wouldn't get the pronunciation part right would you?

Also what languages have you learned like that? I assume you learned english that way.
It wasn't exactly that way with English. I did learn most of it through reading though, but I started very young so it was quite natural.

I am trying to learn Japanese this way. I know quite a few Chinese characters, so that helps a lot.

What works is a very good grammar book. If you have at least the basic idea of how sentences are put together it makes it a thousand times easier.