• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Honor Societies

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Especially the Academic ones that are listed in ACHS

Have they been any help to any of you in getting a job?

Did you list it in your resume?

Have you been looking at newsletters from that Honor Society?

Basically, have they helped you in any way?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think they helped me much. I was in the Key Club in College and National Honor Society in high school. I wasn't really active in the honor societies though, just merely a member. I think they can be helpful if you are active in the societies such as through community service activities or taking on a leadership role. Something that could apply to the job you're seeking.

Overall, experience is the best thing for getting a job, more important than GPA. I'd look into internships or volunteer work before graduating.

G

garbage

Taking positions in those societies mostly helped me learn leadership skills. They were great for resume fodder right after college, too. I'd include them.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think they helped me much. I was in the Key Club in College and National Honor Society in high school. I wasn't really active in the honor societies though, just merely a member. I think they can be helpful if you are active in the societies such as through community service activities or taking on a leadership role. Something that could apply to the job you're seeking.

Overall, experience is the best thing for getting a job, more important than GPA. I'd look into internships or volunteer work before graduating.

Taking positions in those societies mostly helped me learn leadership skills. They were great for resume fodder right after college, too. I'd include them.

I'm not advertising or anything.... but :D

Well, the chapter of that Honor Society hasn't been as active as it used to be like 5 or more so years back. It is the only Political Science Honor Society in the National level that is recognized by the ACHS... and it gives some extra points towards governmental jobs (better pay-scale compared to someone who isn't part of the Honor Society and graduated with a Bachelors.). So I thought, what the heck. If I ever start graduate school sometime in the future, I can certainly look into the Honor Society for scholarships and grants.

I've been working up the courage to get a college wide dialogue going in the campus to get people interested in politics even if they aren't majoring in it. Since I seem so technologically minded, I thought that creating a forum where those students (especially Political Science Majors) there can communicate about politics on their own time may help to engage them on this endeavor (because my college is considered a commuter campus and all....) That is, including the fact that I've been an active part of raising WWW issues on some parts of the web and having it snowball into this constant thing to be talked about by a specific group.

Of course, while doing everything, I've just found a professor that seem to have many of the same goals and ideas that I have. And I've got her contact info for future ideas and interns.

Of course, things aren't situated so well for me since I am graduating this semester and have been trying to cram things.