• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Need Help with My Future

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I honestly have no idea on what path to take in life so from what you already know of me and the information that will be given under this line please help me figure this shit out.
Ten Words I Would Use to Describe Myself:
10. Self-Aware
9. Curious
8. Rational
7. Passionate
6. Ambitious
5. Clever
4. Witty
3. Intelligent
2. Assertive
1. Integrity

Thinking Style: Synthesis Idealist/Abstract Thinker

Subjects I Love:
Social Sciences
Writing/Research
Philosophy/Critical Thinking

Subjects I Hate:
Math
Science (Biology)

College/University: I hate taking multiple choice tests, but love discussing/debating topics with the Professor during class. The only reason I'm going is to get a degree, I either know what is being thought, I can self-teach myself what is being thought in class or it's boring and I could care less.

Thank You

á´…eparted

passages
If you hate math and hard sciences, I would say avoid social sciences as well. If you get a degree in psycology and or sociology, you pretty much need to go to graduate school and get a higher degree to do anything with it. At that point, you're going to be expected to be fairly well versed in statistics (math) in research (which is the area I suspect you'd want to go into).

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you hate math and hard sciences, I would say avoid social sciences as well. If you get a degree in psycology and or sociology, you pretty much need to go to graduate school and get a higher degree to do anything with it. At that point, you're going to be expected to be fairly well versed in statistics (math) in research (which is the area I suspect you'd want to go into).
I'm good at statistics I just hate having to memorize the rules of math, or anything that's going to be irrelevant for the rest of my life.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've figured it out, i'm going into comedy

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I honestly have no idea on what path to take in life so from what you already know of me and the information that will be given under this line please help me figure this shit out.
Ten Words I Would Use to Describe Myself:
10. Self-Aware
9. Curious
8. Rational
7. Passionate
6. Ambitious
5. Clever
4. Witty
3. Intelligent
2. Assertive
1. Integrity

Thinking Style: Synthesis Idealist/Abstract Thinker

Subjects I Love:
Social Sciences
Writing/Research
Philosophy/Critical Thinking

Subjects I Hate:
Math
Science (Biology)

College/University: I hate taking multiple choice tests, but love discussing/debating topics with the Professor during class. The only reason I'm going is to get a degree, I either know what is being thought, I can self-teach myself what is being thought in class or it's boring and I could care less.

Thank You

Do finance. Great options. Great pay. Tons of room for advancement. Not as hard as bio, but still hard.

Is their irrelevant information for you to learn?
Fuck yes there is, there is no matter what subject you could possibly do besides maybe trade school.

If you do philosophy or psych, it will all be irrelevant bc no one will hire your bitch ass lol. Find one of the higher paying degrees in business and go for that. Promise that its your best bet as a lazy xntp (like me).

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
entps are geniuses at seeing hidden opportunities. Focus on satisfying yourself in the here and now and opportunities will present themselves to you as you go.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
entps are geniuses at seeing hidden opportunities. Focus on satisfying yourself in the here and now and opportunities will present themselves to you as you go.

this is good. as an Ne dom, it captures the essence of how i work best. scanning environments, spotting hidden opportunities and potential, and making them happen. i'm sure OP can relate.

but what jobs are there that allow you to do that? i'm still trying to figure that out.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
this is good. as an Ne dom, it captures the essence of how i work best. scanning environments, spotting hidden opportunities and potential, and making them happen. i'm sure OP can relate.

but what jobs are there that allow you to do that? i'm still trying to figure that out.

investor

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
enfps on the other hand, Idunno if they are good with money. million bucks says they arent. From what I understand esfps and enfps basically succeed in life by enlivening others spirits.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
enfps on the other hand, Idunno if they are good with money. million bucks says they arent. From what I understand esfps and enfps basically succeed in life by enlivening others spirits.

yeah, i think i'd be a good like...talent scout. like a people version of an investor.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
yeah, i think i'd be a good like...talent scout. like a people version of an investor.

hmm maybe! its not going to be something mundane and routine Ill tell you that. No matter how much I want to live a comfortable lifestyle, being uncomfortable and uncertain is the way for me as an estp. entrepreneur baby!

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm maybe! its not going to be something mundane and routine Ill tell you that. No matter how much I want to live a comfortable lifestyle, being uncomfortable and uncertain is the way for me as an estp. entrepreneur baby!

i think that uncomfortable and uncertain preference is probably true for most Pe doms. how else are we supposed to flow? structure and routine just kill it dead.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
i think that uncomfortable and uncertain preference is probably true for most Pe doms. how else are we supposed to flow? structure and routine just kill it dead.

i dunno how y'all roll like that. i am so jelly. btw, nic there are lots of opportunity/potential spotting jobs. did you take the sokanu career inventory? it was in the personality tests subforum a while ago.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i dunno how y'all roll like that. i am so jelly. btw, nic there are lots of opportunity/potential spotting jobs. did you take the sokanu career inventory? it was in the personality tests subforum a while ago.
i'm jealous of people who can just be ok with a normal secure job lol. and no i don't think i did. i'll have to check that out.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
i'm jealous of people who can just be ok with a normal secure job lol. and no i don't think i did. i'll have to check that out.
hmm. why, though? i feel sorry for most people who have normal business hours jobs. maybe i'm having an especially pessimistic moment but i feel like a huge chunk of people go to a desk job where they either do absolutely nothing or do absolutely meaningless drudgery all day and then get home after dark when it's already too late to spend some QT with their kids - or their kids are consumed in busy work for school anyway. all for what at the end of your life? a stack of well-organized 1040As and distant connections with other humans if any real connection at all? it's so much better to be mindful that you're living a fulfilling life imo.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

yup. life would be much simpler but alas, Ive come to learn that I am at my best when my life is threatened. haha.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

Great advice.

And as an entp, you do have to make a concerted effort to focus, lol.

I get the idea that there are a lot of xntps just floating around talking about how they have all this intellect, but just can't decide what they want to do.

Don't make the same mistake. Pick one thing and put every last spec of your energy into it. As an entp, other small things will fall in your lap w/out you even looking for them.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Also,

I've noticed (and read on other mbti posts related to investing) that Te users usually use technical analysis.
An xNTP I knew invented totally differently. But he was really good at it. He told me that he liked to learn everything about an industry and everything about a company. Basically he tried to understand exactly what he was investing in before going for it, opposed to basing his moves on market trends...

I say all that to say, go buy a Warren Buffet book.