• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would it be advantageous and/or ethical to split students up in school by MBTI?

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. Some people from each MBTI type would clash with each other over similarities (putting two super stubborn people together, for example, is not a good idea). I would just put a mix together, with two or three or even four of each type in a class so there's some diversity and they can get away and see how others operate if they want.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If the goal were to prepare them even more poorly for post-high school then that would be a fantastic idea as it would possibly horridly prepare children to work with those different from themselves. That would indeed be advantegous for me being that I no longer attend any sort of pre-college education and that would mean less competition in the future...but as for them not so much.

Also it would be greatly inaccurate and erroneous as there would be many mistypes especially so if they where given a dichotomy test. I've (had the misfortune to have) known an ESFJ who scored INTJ on a dichotomy test...I speculate, perhaps due to lack of self awareness. Which many people suffer from.

There's really no way to increase accuracy in testing unless we where to come up with some way to read minds or figure out a way to discern what cognitive functions a person prefers via brain scan or spend each and every waking moment with the person in question, profiling them or read a lengthy biography of each and every one of the people in question's lives and attempt to type them based off that or something of that nature.

Due to that sort of thing, in the end it would probably all end up more or less the way it is now anyway.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Nope, not a good idea at all.

INTJs at least tend not to get on well with each other as children; there would be constant fighting.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope, not a good idea at all.

INTJs at least tend not to get on well with each other as children; there would be constant fighting.
I don't think I knew any other INTJs as a child. I certainly didn't get along very well with the people I did have to associate with.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am not thinking a class of SP would be very good :doh: Contemplating the SPs I know I know in a single class together...lol. Has nothing to do with smarts, would just need to be a somewhat physical class. I feel couped up after working as a programmer for a couple hours and need to go outside. Just imagine a class of us, we have the smarts, but struggle to stay put in a single spot.

And I get along with other SP types pretty good, so no issues there.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I knew a few other NTs and we all hated each other...

As I'm concerned, between NTs, I have noticed competition spirit as well as great friendship.

Thinking to make classrooms with MBTI types as a reference would probably lead to the battle field:duel:.

Moreover, students would not have the opportunity of meeting different and interesting other types. Like NT would not develop their feelings for example...

That would probably be one of the best ways to become intolerant and close-minded. Leading all nations to the 3rd World War.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Moreover, students would not have the opportunity of meeting different and interesting other types. Like NT would not develop their feelings for example...
The question of whether and how much to try to force NTs to develop feelings as children is another topic. All I can say is that surrounding us with people who don't understand us and with whom we don't get along won't serve this goal. Rather it will lead us to be more distant and closed-off.

Glint

ಠ﹏ಠ
MBTI Type
TiNi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would hate my classmates.

wolfy

awsm
It sounds like a bad idea. Although it would be a fun thing to try without telling anyone.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The question of whether and how much to try to force NTs to develop feelings as children is another topic. All I can say is that surrounding us with people who don't understand us and with whom we don't get along won't serve this goal. Rather it will lead us to be more distant and closed-off.

I think some NTs (I am part of this category) do have strong feelings too. Even as a child.
But they need other "terms" (if that word makes sense) to accept taking them into account, and possibly, with encouragement, trust, and time, express them...
It is indeed another topic.