• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coursera.org - Taking Online Courses for the fun of learning!

F

figsfiggyfigs

I've taken a bunch of courses from there that I couldn't complete due to lack of time. If you want to do something, don't overload yourself.

It's really great; I think you should definitely do it if you have the time.

Qre:us

Yeah, definitely, time is the main thing. Given that it is so self-directed with no "real world" consequence, other than you just cheating yourself out of learning, and wasting whatever time you put in, only to not see it to its completion.

I'm interested in taking some philosophy courses through there.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Things I'm currently taking:
- Intro to Pharmacy
- Alzheimer's DETP's
- A class on epidemics
- Pre-calculus

I really like these honestly. I'm far, far behind their schedule--I watch a video a day.. so whatever. I still enjoy them.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I've taken a few. Some science related, some music related. I like the set up.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love it! For two reasons: 1) it's really good to gain expertise in my line of work; 2) it's really good to explore my side-interests, things i couldn't study when i was younger because i had to choose a specific career (like everyone, of course)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I love it! For two reasons: 1) it's really good to gain expertise in my line of work; 2) it's really good to explore my side-interests, things i couldn't study when i was younger because i had to choose a specific career (like everyone, of course)

My sister is using it to explore potentially getting into a career--which is another cool way I hadn't thought of really using it.

I think it also can serve as a cushion for people who are fearful of online course ware for college (something to get adjusted to a schedule of things), and for people trying to learn to study again to get back into school.

2. Yup! That's my main motivation. So many things I want to learn about, but university forced me to choose one. And I chose the one most travelled by. Now, to explore other roads...

My friend is actually doing a lot of psych courses to see where her interest lies, as she's thinking of going into that field but her current field is so different that she needs to build context - to know what focus in psych she wants to pursue.

I think it also can serve as a cushion for people who are fearful of online course ware for college (something to get adjusted to a schedule of things), and for people trying to learn to study again to get back into school.
That's a good point.

Free continuing education. Love it!