• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gonna Do It!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
But, probably not what you think. haha.

If all goes according to plan, I will be opening my own kung fu school the first of the year. The two guys I train with are going into partnership with me as I will still have my day job and will have the school open in the afternoons through early evening hours. Because we live in a small town, and the interest in kung fu alone may not be enough to make it viable, we will offer classes in art and music as well a couple of days per week. Anyway, this is the dream, and I'm going for it.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] hmm, it sounds like you're not only a dreamer, but also an achiever.

Personally, I tend to be much more of the former than the latter.

Bruce Lee, the martial arts mastermind himself actually has a good quote on this subject:
"Faith makes it possible to achieve that which man's mind can conceive and believe."

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heck yeah, [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]!

Sounds like a great dream and I'm so happy I hear you're pursuing it! Congrats on owning your life, woman. Best of luck!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] for the encouragement and for the quote. You know, Bruce Lee was a person after my own heart so to speak.

It sounds like you're not only a dreamer, but also an achiever.
I suppose that somewhere inside me is the notion that the purpose of having dreams is to either share them with someone else who will bring them to pass or to put legs on them and bring them to pass ourselves. I really like the notion of bringing about a positive change in the world, even if it's only my little place in the world.

[MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION] thank you! Also, thanks [MENTION=71]JAVO[/MENTION], my most favorite polar bear ever and [MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION].

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's really cool. Good luck, [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION].

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Thank you [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
That's a hard step to make.

Admiration is what I have for you taking it. I always wondered if I should take up a form of martial arts for fitness and calm, well if I ever find myself in your small town I'll definitely pop in.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION] if you find yourself in my small town, I sincerly hope you do stop in:) Martial arts are very cool and I've never regreted taking them up. I perfer the internal arts, but that's probably because they were my "first love" so to speak. [MENTION=1493]alcea rosea[/MENTION] you have been nothing less than kind, encouraging and supportive to others on this forum as I suspect you are to those in your real life, thank you.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] That sounds awesome! I wish you good luck, but I doubt you will need it, as Im sure this will work out for you.:)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's amazing! I just wish you were in my town :(

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
[MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION] if you find yourself in my small town, I sincerly hope you do stop in:) Martial arts are very cool and I've never regreted taking them up. I perfer the internal arts, but that's probably because they were my "first love" so to speak. [MENTION=1493]alcea rosea[/MENTION] you have been nothing less than kind, encouraging and supportive to others on this forum as I suspect you are to those in your real life, thank you.

I would totally take classes if I lived near you. Not even lying. I always wanted to take some form of martial arts.

Best of luck to you!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=17729]Typh0n[/MENTION] Thank you so much. I'm getting excited about it. We are desperately needing to raise more funds. haha...we are actually doing artsy projects to raise money to open our kung fu school so that we don't have to take the money out of our own pockets. We thought about applying for some kind of grant but when we researched them, we discovered that often grants intell a type of jumping through hoops and doing things we really might not want to do. We're so funny but we're willing to do whatever it takes to bring some culture to our little backwoods corner of the universe. [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] thank you:) Thank you, [MENTION=6554]DisneyGeek[/MENTION] I hope you find a place near you that offers classes:)