• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feedback and Jobs... Advice?

G

Glycerine

Is it unreasonable for me to expect some feedback? Is that how most jobs go?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:shrug: I say focus more on the 'job in the future' thing. If he's offering a job in the future, and it has definite time frames, you can be assured enough that you're doing a good job and he's not BSing you.

Most of the jobs I've worked, if I'm doing great I don't hear a thing, and if I'm doing badly they're down my throat. So no news is typically good news for me. But, then again, everyone's boss is different. He could really just be one of those testy, anti-social bosses that doesn't realize that a little bit of free words and validation go a long, long way to making employees happy.. or he could be BSing you, feeding off of your volunteer hours, and getting as much as he can while he can. Impossible to tell from where I'm standing.

I'd wait a while, and then ask about the job opportunity. If that keeps seeming shady, I'd bet the rest of it is too.

G

Glycerine

:shrug: I say focus more on the 'job in the future' thing. If he's offering a job in the future, and it has definite time frames, you can be assured enough that you're doing a good job and he's not BSing you.

Most of the jobs I've worked, if I'm doing great I don't hear a thing, and if I'm doing badly they're down my throat. So no news is typically good news for me. But, then again, everyone's boss is different. He could really just be one of those testy, anti-social bosses that doesn't realize that a little bit of free words and validation go a long, long way to making employees happy.. or he could be BSing you, feeding off of your volunteer hours, and getting as much as he can while he can. Impossible to tell from where I'm standing.

I'd wait a while, and then ask about the job opportunity. If that keeps seeming shady, I'd bet the rest of it is too.

Thank you. My work experience is limited so I didn't know what the expectations should be.
I think the best of course of action for me would be to clarify things with him before I get in deeper and there's a lot of drama created.

Last edited:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I assume that the OP is mostly gone for a reason, but I did want to echo:

Most of the jobs I've worked, if I'm doing great I don't hear a thing, and if I'm doing badly they're down my throat.

Same.

And generally supervisors I've had are open to giving feedback on my performance if I ask them.

G

Glycerine

I assume that the OP is mostly gone for a reason, but I did want to echo:

Same.

And generally supervisors I've had are open to giving feedback on my performance if I ask them.

I wanted input but then I got paranoid that the details may be too unique. The response is still quite appreciated though. :)