• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Squandering Education

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Luckily for you there's tons of options outside of traditional education. It is REALLY hard to get a job without a diploma of some sort.. at least, a job that isn't kicking shit around and breaking your back. It isn't like good uneducated jobs don't exist, but they're hard to find for sure.. mostly because uneducated people already swiped them.

Have you maybe thought about just going for a GED? They aren't super hard to obtain, and no one really cares in America anymore whether you got a diploma or a GED later on. I know a ton of high school drop outs that are in management positions doing a job they genuinely like and care about with great benefits. The Railroad, UPS, and Costco are some examples of companies actual people I know without a diploma are excelling at just fine.

The problem with this trend is that it is depreciating the value of the degrees themselves in the workplace. It's better socially speaking to have more educated people no matter what, but speaking in terms of jobs degrees influence a lot more than I feel they should, especially for entry level jobs. Employers make their simple jobs sound way bigger than they really are. Now-a-days you almost need to be a career student to get the pick of the litter.
Oh i have my HS diploma I dropped out of college, sorry for not clarifying

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yeah I wasted a lot, no one wants to hire a 26 year old who has no life/job experience and dropped out of school. it's sad but true.I've also been told that I don't present myself well. But the truth is i have no clue how i present myself.

Oh i have my HS diploma I dropped out of college, sorry for not clarifying

Ooohh! Okay. :laugh: Yeah, you're good! Honestly, college is for those that are going to get something out of it. It does you no good to kid yourself thinking you'll just put up with it for x years or months and then you'll be fine. Better to just find a company you can find agreeable work with decent benefits and start at the bottom and work your way up the traditional ladder.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Ooohh! Okay. :laugh: Yeah, you're good! Honestly, college is for those that are going to get something out of it. It does you no good to kid yourself thinking you'll just put up with it for x years or months and then you'll be fine. Better to just find a company you can find agreeable work with decent benefits and start at the bottom and work your way up the traditional ladder.

I wish I knew what was holding me back job wise though.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I wish I knew what was holding me back job wise though.

Honestly, this is everyone. It isn't really a personal thing. Everyone's having trouble finding and securing work. It's a bigger picture.. so I wouldn't take that part to heart. Just keep trying, and working with the Workforce Solutions center near you. They'll help send places to apply to your way. I'd also send online applications to every major retailer in your area. If you've already done that, just keep re-applying and crossing your fingers.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Honestly, this is everyone. It isn't really a personal thing. Everyone's having trouble finding and securing work. It's a bigger picture.. so I wouldn't take that part to heart. Just keep trying, and working with the Workforce Solutions center near you. They'll help send places to apply to your way. I'd also send online applications to every major retailer in your area. If you've already done that, just keep re-applying and crossing your fingers.
that was one of my theories, other included i'm too smart for them, they must know that i might try to destroy them from the inside because i'm not a big fan of corporations, and now i'm never gonna get a job, but who cares because they probably already know. and if they don't i just fucked myself.

momoness

I did badly in college, and improved in university. If you regret it hard enough, you can and will make a change.