• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is school so bullshit

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't like school, start your own business.

If you are smart enough and have a think of a good business model, you'll pull through and be able to make a living. If not, you'll fail horribly and should go back to school and keep your mouth shut. ;)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

If you are smart enough and have a think of a good business model, you'll pull through and be able to make a living. If not, you'll fail horribly and should go back to school and keep your mouth shut. ;)
:happy2: I want to, I just don't know what it's gonna be yet

posted this on fb a friend was talking about how college is a waste

That's why I think people who should go to college are the ones that absolutley plan to be doctors or lawyers something that requires a college degree. I'd rather dick around and figure out what I want to do, and either go to a trade school or try training in the industry I want to go into. But as I have no clue what I want to do, I refuse to go back to school and waste more time, I've wasted too much of it already with school when my heart wasn't in it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
But public education, together with literate individualism, is taking a long time to die.

I dont think that the concept of a public school should ever day, cause it would be that what could be be the best regulated to raise people to become independent thinkers. If people would only learn from all lots of different sources on the Internet, regulating anything would be more difficult and soon there could be people emerging who think the Holocaust was a lie.

Regarding undergrad grades, yes its bullshit. Paying lots of money for University is bullshit too and having Universities like Harvard or Yale which automatically accredit you as a high potential just thru their names is kinda english and out dated.

In Germany it aint better, the demographic progression somehow brings more and more old people without childs. Those people usually dont care for childs and thats the reason school innovation has become a deserted island here. They reformed the undergrad by cutting it from 13 to 12 years, but they didnt reduce the amount of stuff you have to learn. Now childs are suffering from the pressure to perform. Since elitist movements are gaining strength and the school aint timely no more and kids have other intrests, school becomes a kind of boring duty and the kids dont learn no more.
Universities are free of charge here, like $250 per six months. The downturn is they are crowded with students and to pass the exams gets incredibly tougher any year.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

So dont question the system just accept all it's bureaucracy b.s that's a good way to get far in life stay silent and stfu.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
would you care to explain the above? please feel free to contradict me if you so feel the need

Habbas explanation is ideal but doesn't work in practicality too unrealistic. If there will be any kind of success those ideals would have to be met in the middle somehow of an already existing right- wing system.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder what makes STPs like the word bullshit so much

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I wonder what makes STPs like the word bullshit so much

Its satisfying. It has texture and bite to it. It Stimulates the Se "Gnashing of teeth" feelings I get sometimes. Try saying it loudly while clenching your teeth. It feels nice. It also makes people around you reel in agony which can be enjoyable to watch.

Kinda feels like this:
[images removed]

I hope that explained things

Last edited by a moderator:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Its satisfying. It has texture and bite to it. It Stimulates the Se "Gnashing of teeth" feelings I get sometimes. Try saying it loudly while clenching your teeth. It feels nice. It also makes people around you reel in agony which can be enjoyable to watch.

Kinda feels like this:
[removed]

I hope that explained things

weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So dont question the system just accept all it's bureaucracy b.s that's a good way to get far in life stay silent and stfu.

It is just one of the many ways you can proceed after high school is how I see it. As long as you don't get into the many pitfalls of college, you'd make it out alive, with contacts, and a career that will pay you decently to live on your own (without feeling like you need to depend on someone or work double-time) as long as you don't get into something that doesn't make you much money in the first place. You don't have to go to the highest costing college for anything nor do you need to go to private colleges (looking at places like UoP.)

The other thing, you make most of what you do in college. If it is shit, chances are, you are treating your time there as shit. There are better things to do if that is the case. You are spending money there, might as well use every available resource there. What I found was that everything I've learned while there is that everything is interconnected in some way. As such, the advantage I have compared to someone who hasn't has college is that I might know of many different ways to start a business (though I am no business major) compared to one who decided to start a business right off the bat.

I known people who have gotten most of their tuition and cost-of-living paid off by doing lots and lots of scholarships and get their degree. Many of these people proceed to other things that make them out to be the one (some chose to get into the military... a few others chose to get into peace corps as part of their portfolio.)

How'd it turn out? I bet you they be making more money compared to if they didn't go to college.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
It is just one of the many ways you can proceed after high school is how I see it. As long as you don't get into the many pitfalls of college, you'd make it out alive, with contacts, and a career that will pay you decently to live on your own (without feeling like you need to depend on someone or work double-time) as long as you don't get into something that doesn't make you much money in the first place. You don't have to go to the highest costing college for anything nor do you need to go to private colleges (looking at places like UoP.)

The other thing, you make most of what you do in college. If it is shit, chances are, you are treating your time there as shit. There are better things to do if that is the case. You are spending money there, might as well use every available resource there. What I found was that everything I've learned while there is that everything is interconnected in some way. As such, the advantage I have compared to someone who hasn't has college is that I might know of many different ways to start a business (though I am no business major) compared to one who decided to start a business right off the bat.

I known people who have gotten most of their tuition and cost-of-living paid off by doing lots and lots of scholarships and get their degree. Many of these people proceed to other things that make them out to be the one (some chose to get into the military... a few others chose to get into peace corps as part of their portfolio.)

How'd it turn out? I bet you they be making more money compared to if they didn't go to college.

Tehcnical colleges are good undergrades are b.s I bet most doctors and lawyers dont remeber a single thing while doing their undergrad. They just did it to get accepted into medical and law school. Most will tell you that job experience was the most important factor in becoming a good doctor or lawyer. Teaches are also very underpaid in the u.s it's a joke.

93JC

Tehcnical colleges are good undergrades are b.s I bet most doctors and lawyers dont remeber a single thing while doing their undergrad. They just did it to get accepted into medical and law school. Most will tell you that job experience was the most important factor in becoming a good doctor or lawyer. Teaches are also very underpaid in the u.s it's a joke.

I bet your English teacher wasn't underpaid.

S

Society

Think about it, if you ever want any success in having a high pay job you need to go through countless loops and hoops to ever achieve it through schooling. To become a doctor you need like 8-9 years of schooling with god knows how much tuition you will paying at the end of it(especially in the united states). I think this system is relativity outdated I mean what the fuck is the point of undergrad degrees if you don't actually bring you to where you want to go? those are precious years of human life we will never get back it just seems unreasonable.

this is a problem that has fascinated me:

economically speaking, the purpose of education is to put a small pile of resumes on the desk and a larger pile of resumes in the trash can. as a result:
- your level of education is only as meaningful as it is rare relatively to demand. the higher the ratio of diplomas per job, the higher the requirement get.
- the higher the requirement get, the more critical the investment in education becomes, so more people invest in it, the higher the demand for diploma's get.
- the higher the demand for diplomas get, the more expensive the diplomas becomes, and the bigger the loans they need, the longer they'll stay in debt.

this inflation seems to just be getting bigger and bigger, and unless there's some huge system overhaul, it's not going away. within the current system, the only way to change the curve is to increase job growth relatively to the population growth - the more jobs you have per field, the lower you'll go to get people to fulfill those jobs. but job growth is restrained by the cost of employment - theoretically you can always get people together to provide a service for a lower price, and the economy would shift to enable people to gain those services at lower prices. but we have systems to prevent that - minimum wage laws, health coverage laws, calculated legal risks per employee, etc. in a global economy, countries with a higher ratio of certifications per minimum employment fees are going to gain most of the job growth.

i've looked into online education as a solution, but i think it will actually make things worst in a sense - more and more colleges are going to expect students to already have an online education (in addition to their own) prior to certification, while companies that recognize online education certification on it's own right are going to have an even larger pool to get from countries that have a lower employment cost.

i think right now, much of the economy might have to shift to freelancing and personal contracts that enable loopholes within the minimum employment cost. atm this is restricted to online services and sites like taskrabbit, but the problem is that many larger and more critical fields aren't as easily distributed without loosing cost-effectiveness.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
this is a problem that has fascinated me:

economically speaking, the purpose of education is to put a small pile of resumes on the desk and a larger pile of resumes in the trash can. as a result:
- your level of education is only as meaningful as it is rare relatively to demand. the higher the ratio of diplomas per job, the higher the requirement get.
- the higher the requirement get, the more critical the investment in education becomes, so more people invest in it, the higher the demand for diploma's get.
- the higher the demand for diplomas get, the more expensive the diplomas becomes, and the bigger the loans they need, the longer they'll stay in debt.

This is exactly what I'm trying to get at, it's all a business. I live in Ontario and the best technical colleges here are the ones that are about 2 hours away from the city. Want to get into the medical field as a technologist in Toronto? forget about it.... It's something I didn't know until recently.

S

Society

This is exactly what I'm trying to get at, it's all a business. I live in Ontario and the best technical colleges here are the ones that are about 2 hours away from the city. Want to get into the medical field as a technologist in Toronto? forget about it.... It's something I didn't know until recently.

make use of it and get into RESP fund management? :D

the truth is as sucky as the business is, with nothing promised or guaranteed (i've seen plenty of talents ending up in mcdonalds or call centers straight after college), it is pretty much rigged to be your best chances - your education is the one way to try and delay your skills replacement. moving outside of toronto isn't that bad... not sure which colleges you are looking at, but oshowa (durham) is pretty awesome relatively to the rent, and if you are going to london (fanshawe) you pretty much have everything city-wise minus the toronto attitude & car smell, both are a lot cheaper to live in, you'll be in less debt when you come out.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
make use of it and get into RESP fund management? :D

the truth is as sucky as the business is, with nothing promised or guaranteed (i've seen plenty of talents ending up in mcdonalds or call centers straight after college), it is pretty much rigged to be your best chances - your education is the one way to try and delay your skills replacement. moving outside of toronto isn't that bad... not sure which colleges you are looking at, but oshowa (durham) is pretty awesome relatively to the rent, and if you are going to london (fanshawe) you pretty much have everything city-wise minus the toronto attitude & car smell, both are a lot cheaper to live in, you'll be in less debt when you come out.

I'm looking at fanshawe and mohawk in Hamilton great schools probably the best colleges in Ontario. How do you know these schools? There also Cambrian in sud bury

S

Society

I'm looking at fanshawe and mohawk in Hamilton great schools probably the best colleges in Ontario. How do you know these schools? There also Cambrian in sud bury
i lived in london, had friends in oshawa and family in toronto. both my ex and her brother (and like a quarter of the city) went to fanshawe . i think i might have a cousin in hamilton - i remember he wanted to study there but i don't remember what came out of that.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I really enjoyed college. Wish I could go back.