• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

navigating college bureaucracy (help please)

S

Society

so a few months ago i decided i wanted to change professors:

the reason was...

anyway, i knew that the college allows you to repeat up to two courses for free (so me repeating just one shouldn't be a problem), and i found out that the college allows you to transfer between courses - a.k.a. you can leave your course and invest the remaining college time in another one, and so i checked if you can do the same for the exact same course route, leaving it to join a bit later the course route that reaches your course after you: basically i'd be repeating one course and then joining them for the rest of the route.

i talked it out with the management, she checked, saw there was places, gave me a confirmation on the phone, the hours, the teacher and a date i join in, it all went well...

and then blew in my face:
apparently they had two groups going on the same study route in the same time, as usual most people don't make it (their is generally a very high dropout rate on this subject)... but this time it was high enough for them to join the classes together... and they did it without accounting for the seat they promised me. which means now it's in maximum capacity (25) without me.

i talked to her about it, pressuring her to talk to management to let me in with my own laptop (since the number of computers doesn't matter), going on the angle of "you made a mistake, it happens, but if you were flexible enough to make that mistake you can probably be flexible enough to let me in)... now she keeps spreading me out, telling me who she is talking too and that she'll inform me the moment she'll know the answers, and the clock is ticking. otherwise i won't be able to join until august, delaying a lot of very important plans, and i have no guarantee that this shit won't happen again.

from people who have more experience with such establishments.. any advice?

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you go with a third professor on the same subject? Or if all else fails, quickly change to another subject so you wont be without an occuupation and might still be able to get ahead in your studies; sure it might not be the class you want but August isnt so far away.

If you dont mind my asking, Mane, what is the subject and is it your major?

S

Society

If you dont mind my asking, Mane, what is the subject and is it your major?

majoring in:
mobile phone application development.

the classes i'm done with:
introduction, html, javascript, jsp, basic java, basic database management, advanced java.

the class i am repeating:
android development environment.

the classes i have ahead:
objective C (apple), advanced database design, UML (software development planning), IOS mobile development environment (iphones and ipads).

Can you go with a third professor on the same subject? Or if all else fails, quickly change to another subject so you wont be without an occuupation and might still be able to get ahead in your studies; sure it might not be the class you want but August isnt so far away.

i forgot to add: when they combined the class they waved the professor i was going for goodbye, so regardless of when i join i am going to end up with a new professor (or possibly the same old one i had). thats not as important for me at this point as simply going back to study so i can get this over with.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Can you talk directly to the professor handing the class about it? Sometimes management/admin people do nothing to help you.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think if she didn't accommodate you with what she proposed and said she would arrange I think I'd 1.) Schedule a meeting to and go inform the Dean of this problem and 2.) Ask the Dean to continue to enroll you in the said arrangement, being sure to tell the Dean that the arrangement for the other class is one that the professor met with you and said she would arrange.

S

Society

it settled - someone dropped out of the class i need to join - I AM GOING BACK TO SCHOOL!

:static::moonwalk::party::bunnyglee::harley::cakegirl::charge::pumpyouup::drummerboy::bananallama: