• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How the reformation affected the fine arts in Europe

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have to write a 10 page paper for my Art History class over anything dealing with art from about the early 1400's to the later 1600's. I've decided to write about how the reformation affected the fine arts, but I'm concerned this may be too vague. Though, I do have to write 10 pages over the topic, I was wondering if anyone knew a way I could narrow in on this topic a bit more but still have enough content to fill 10 pages.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
"During the Reformation, it sorta did away with the iconoclasms going on the Catholic church. It did away with the pageantry - you see less stained glass, idols, and images. It got more simple, less ornate, and got more realistic. At least, in religious art. Which was the majority of stuff." - My roommate, a history buff.

You could talk about how the art simplified and how that reflected some kind of ideology going on during the Reformation. That's totally ten pages-worth.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh! That is great idea! I may just go with that. Thank you! :D

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have to write a 10 page paper for my Art History class over anything dealing with art from about the early 1400's to the later 1600's. I've decided to write about how the reformation affected the fine arts, but I'm concerned this may be too vague. Though, I do have to write 10 pages over the topic, I was wondering if anyone knew a way I could narrow in on this topic a bit more but still have enough content to fill 10 pages.

You could narrow it to a specific area of fine arts like a comparison of Altar paintings. Or the rise of new types of paintings solely about secular subjects which previously had been intermingled with religious images.