• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which language(s) appeal(s) the most to you phonetically?

93JC

Everything depends on tone, of course.

I was being facetious about German sounding awful; I hope you understand. It seems like a much more guttural language than, say, the Romance languages. Or English for that matter. It has developed a reputation for sounding 'harsh' as a result.

Frankly I don't put any thought into which languages sound "phonetically appealing". Languages are... what they are. Arguing about which ones "sound prettier" is pointless in my eyes, I couldn't care less.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Everything depends on tone, of course.

I was being facetious about German sounding awful; I hope you understand. It seems like a much more guttural language than, say, the Romance languages. Or English for that matter. It has developed a reputation for sounding 'harsh' as a result.

Frankly I don't put any thought into which languages sound "phonetically appealing". Languages are... what they are. Arguing about which ones "sound prettier" is pointless in my eyes, I couldn't care less.

Anyway, when it comes to train animals, German is the most effective language. Animals perceive better orders when they are told in German rather than in any other language.
And this curious fact has been repeatedly confirmed to me by Professional animal handlers... One was working for instance in a Russian circus (and was Russian himself), another in a zoo (and was Chinese).

So the international language of animal trainers is German.