• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Frustrating Desire?

Nicki

Retired
I am currently 14 years old and I have no clue what I want to be doing when I'm older. All I know is that I want to be famous. I know it's not practical and there's only a scarce chance of that happening but everyday I have this burning desire to become well known somehow. It has been stewing for 6 years now. This has prevented me from being able to enjoy something fully because I have been focused on fame and long-term goals. I have researched fame and how to be famous, I have 3 notebooks of research, and nothing has scared me off. I need a passion though. Plus I doubt i'd get drained interacting with people constantly. I would be happy and excited actually. I am a definite extrovert. I'm average at everything to be honest but when I put my mind to something, I always achieve it. I believe in planning and back-up planning. I really don't know what I'm interested in. If it helps, I'm an ENTJ with a tritype of 317.

W

WALMART

No interests? Do you like singing? Politics?

I think the only two types that are bound to be 'famous' are actors and musicians. Sports might be another category.

Nicki

Retired
I'm interested in anything that will lead me to fame. But seriously, I like to sing but I'm average and I'm somewhat into politics but not too much. I consider myself a feminist though. I'm also a bookworm so that's why I'm interested in everything to a certain extent. I like to read anything nonfiction. I am but I'm an ENTJ regardless because Te+Ni. I really need a craft though. That's it.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I'm interested in anything that will lead me to fame.

I'm sorry, but that's a very shallow desire. And I hate to break it to you, but it's mostly likely not going to happen.

Go out and find what you're passionate about. No one here is going to be able to simply give you a passion. Find something that you love and work from there.

It's fine that you don't know right away what you're interested in, but don't make it all about fame.

Last edited:
S

Sniffles

I'm sorry, but that's a very shallow desire. And I hate to break it to you, but it's mostly likely not going to happen.

Go out and find what you're passionate about. No one here is going to be able to simply give you a passion. Find something that you love and work from there.

It's find that you don't know right away what you're interested, but don't make it all about fame.

Pretty much this. As for figuring out what you want to do in life, at age 14 you're not going to fully know this anyways. Little sparks and whatnot may appear, but nothing too substantial is going to appear at this stage in life.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be recognized and adored for what you do is fine, but as a 14 year old, I suggest you look into what you do naturally and make that into a profession.

Make a list as you grow, refining and adding to this list, of things you love to do most. After about 10 years of exploration, you'll have a good parameter of your vocation.

Nicki

Retired
Pretty much this. As for figuring out what you want to do in life, at age 14 you're not going to fully know this anyways. Little sparks and whatnot may appear, but nothing too substantial is going to appear at this stage in life.

It is, and I realize that and I've tried to ignore that desire in the past year but I always wake up wanting fame. I have absolutely no idea. I've been researching for quite a while, even ignoring things that might lead me to fame, but I haven't found any career that I liked.

Nicki

Retired
To be recognized and adored for what you do is fine, but as a 14 year old, I suggest you look into what you do naturally and make that into a profession.

Make a list as you grow, refining and adding to this list, of things you love to do most. After about 10 years of exploration, you'll have a good parameter of your vocation.

Thank you! I'll try that but I'll shorten the years to 1 because then I have enough time to research the careers that seem to fit me. That's pretty helpful though.

Nicki

Retired
Hey wait, ignore this thread. I was feeling really insecure when I typed this.

Mole

Permabanned
Fame and Presence

I am currently 14 years old and I have no clue what I want to be doing when I'm older. All I know is that I want to be famous. I know it's not practical and there's only a scarce chance of that happening but everyday I have this burning desire to become well known somehow. It has been stewing for 6 years now. This has prevented me from being able to enjoy something fully because I have been focused on fame and long-term goals. I have researched fame and how to be famous, I have 3 notebooks of research, and nothing has scared me off. I need a passion though. Plus I doubt i'd get drained interacting with people constantly. I would be happy and excited actually. I am a definite extrovert. I'm average at everything to be honest but when I put my mind to something, I always achieve it. I believe in planning and back-up planning. I really don't know what I'm interested in. If it helps, I'm an ENTJ with a tritype of 317.

We live in the Attention Economy and those who garner the most attention win. So the winners in our society are celebrities - those who are famous for being famous.

However I suggest you start being famous here and now on Typology Central - for the more you post, the more attention you will receive.

Think of creating presence. You are creating your presence here. You are becoming present on Central.

Nicki

Retired
We live in the Attention Economy and those who garner the most attention win. So the winners in our society are celebrities - those who are famous for being famous.

However I suggest you start being famous here and now on Typology Central - for the more you post, the more attention you will receive.

Think of creating presence. You are creating your presence here. You are becoming present on Central.

I completely agree with you. Hmm I see, although I seek attention IRL rather than the Internet. Okay, I will. I see. Thanks for the really good advice.

Mole

Permabanned
I completely agree with you. Hmm I see, although I seek attention IRL rather than the Internet. Okay, I will. I see. Thanks for the really good advice.

Real Life is now the content of the internet in the same way theatre is the content of the movies.

So Real Life is the story you tell on the internet. Just as you are doing now.

Nicki

Retired
Real Life is now the content of the internet in the same way theatre is the content of the movies.

So Real Life is the story you tell on the internet. Just as you are doing now.

I see. But that wouldn't be true fame would it?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've no idea what you're thanking me for, or if this was a joke. I'm confused. :huh:
She's thanking you in that you found amusement in something that she later on deemed negative. As it it was not all for the bad.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's an odd thing to thank for. :shock:

Anyway, don't NT types can find anything amusing in a certain light? :D
Yup, there's a lot of things we can perceive in different ways to make it all the more interesting... or mundane.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm interested in anything that will lead me to fame. But seriously, I like to sing but I'm average and I'm somewhat into politics but not too much. I consider myself a feminist though. I'm also a bookworm so that's why I'm interested in everything to a certain extent. I like to read anything nonfiction. I am but I'm an ENTJ regardless because Te+Ni. I really need a craft though. That's it.

I relate to you and understand where you're coming from. I mean, I'd substitute power for fame (e8 vs e3 preference), but that's about it.

I have a couple of thoughts on this. Like you, despite ambition and a strong drive, I was in many ways a kind of empty vessel. I had a general idea of what I liked and what I didn't like and what my strengths were, but no clear burning desire to become one thing. Our instincts are to lead and organize, but we're not necessarily particular as to what. Because to us, it really doesn't matter-- Ni renders certain principles universal.

I think it's hard for ENTJs because we're Fi last, so our personal feelings on things can frequently be a blind spot. There have been a couple of things that have helped me develop Fi that I'd recommend for you to try. The first would be connecting with people who use Fi better than you do, explaining your problem, and asking for help. I've been blessed to have a lot of really tremendous NFPs (and even an INTJ or two) in my life who have taught me a great deal about how to navigate some of my inferior Fi issues, and I'm a lot better for it. Having a deeper appreciation for Fi will help you determine what's really in your heart, and will help you know how to attain those things in a way that's right for you.

The second thing that has been crucial for me has been learning to meditate. Having an introspective practice like meditation helps you to figure out what's going on with yourself (Fi), and strengthen your connection to your inner guidance (Ni).

Last bit of advice: focusing on fame is counterproductive, honestly. You should focus on simply being excellent, and recognition will automatically flow from that. If you focus on the recognition and external validation first, it fucks up your priorities, and that "empty vessel" thing we have as ENTJs will degenerate into outright hollowness. Do your best, strive as hard as you can, and shit will turn out the way it's supposed to. No more, no less.

Nicki

Retired
I relate to you and understand where you're coming from. I mean, I'd substitute power for fame (e8 vs e3 preference), but that's about it.

I have a couple of thoughts on this. Like you, despite ambition and a strong drive, I was in many ways a kind of empty vessel. I had a general idea of what I liked and what I didn't like and what my strengths were, but no clear burning desire to become one thing. Our instincts are to lead and organize, but we're not necessarily particular as to what. Because to us, it really doesn't matter-- Ni renders certain principles universal.

I think it's hard for ENTJs because we're Fi last, so our personal feelings on things can frequently be a blind spot. There have been a couple of things that have helped me develop Fi that I'd recommend for you to try. The first would be connecting with people who use Fi better than you do, explaining your problem, and asking for help. I've been blessed to have a lot of really tremendous NFPs (and even an INTJ or two) in my life who have taught me a great deal about how to navigate some of my inferior Fi issues, and I'm a lot better for it. Having a deeper appreciation for Fi will help you determine what's really in your heart, and will help you know how to attain those things in a way that's right for you.

The second thing that has been crucial for me has been learning to meditate. Having an introspective practice like meditation helps you to figure out what's going on with yourself (Fi), and strengthen your connection to your inner guidance (Ni).

Last bit of advice: focusing on fame is counterproductive, honestly. You should focus on simply being excellent, and recognition will automatically flow from that. If you focus on the recognition and external validation first, it fucks up your priorities, and that "empty vessel" thing we have as ENTJs will degenerate into outright hollowness. Do your best, strive as hard as you can, and shit will turn out the way it's supposed to. No more, no less.

I feel like that. I love to organize and strategize but I don't know what now. And that's the problem. I just want something to achieve and work towards. I feel like I'm wasting time if I'm just focusing on doing what I like to do and "discovering myself." What exactly is my problem? The fact that I really have to find something I love doing? Hmm I do have an INFP best friend. Oh okay, I see. The thing is I don't want to be blinded by my morals. I still want to remain objective as much as I possibly can. I feel like I do use Fi to a certain extent as I have deeply held inner values but that's as far as it goes. I barely know what I'm feeling if it doesn't apply to my moral system nor do I have much of a sense of self. I might try that soon. I honestly don't know how to be excellent if I don't have anything to aim for. I see. I hope so. Thanks a lot for the advice, really, it was extremely helpful.