• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What happened to you after college?

momoness

I graduated with a degree in journalism and immediately after my classes ended, I got a job at a prestigious news company working as a reporter. I hated it though, and at the same time, had depression, so after 9 months in the news company, I worked on activism projects instead. Stayed at home for a few months after that, recuperating, and got a job at an NGO as a program and communication officer. But past experience creeped up on me and I couldn't handle my depression, so had to leave. Now, a year later, I'm trying to get back into the job market, interning and volunteering, in the hopes that one day I will work abroad and have a better paying job, and go to grad school.

momoness

Majored in the humanities because I was young, didn't have a clue what I was doing, and thought I might want to go to law school. I actually majored in feminist studies, but my interest in a legal career advocating for women burned out as I got to know people in the field. The more time I spent with lawyers, the more I knew I was never meant to be one of them.

By the time I figured out I wanted to be a doctor much more than anything else, especially a lawyer, I had graduated. (Not the end of the world, I'm 23, and it's fixable at this point.) So, I started a post-bacc to finish up the rest of the pre-med requirements. And that's the point I'm at now. Crossing all of the T's and dotting all of the I's before I apply to medical school.

Which school did you go to for feminist studies?

xisnotx

Permabanned
Did you get a job in your field of study immediately? Did you have to take up part time work before finding a major related job. Did you take a job unrelated to your studies?

Well...seeing as philosophy is related to everything and nothing simultaneously, I guess my answer is yes?