• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type would make a worse server, INFP or INTP?

Which type would make a worse server?

• INFP

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • INTP

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno...

I'd make a terrible waiter, but at the same time I'd work hard to make people happy. I'd probably forget to bring them things a lot, but would apologize and prioritize it as soon as it was pointed out to me. I'd be a bit frantic, but would sincerely want them to enjoy their meal.

More than anything it'd be exhausting for me and I wouldn't even bother trying to act like I knew what I was doing, but I'd explain that to them and work hard in spite of it.

So I don't know...

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno...

I'd make a terrible waiter, but at the same time I'd work hard to make people happy. I'd probably forget to bring them things a lot, but would apologize and prioritize it as soon as it was pointed out to me. I'd be a bit frantic, but would sincerely want them to enjoy their meal.

More than anything it'd be exhausting for me and I wouldn't even bother trying to act like I knew what I was doing, but I'd explain that to them and work hard in spite of it.

So I don't know...

Lol. You sound like my cousin. I bet you're a sweet person.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't think that's me. I obviously do see the value in interacting with others, and often do it rather well. And I have had a lot of ideas which had good external application. I'm just a non-definite type is all. And if people don't like it tough.

You must have developed an additional cognitive function that most INTP's don't use, so it makes you look like other types.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You must have developed an additional cognitive function that most INTP's don't use, so it makes you look like other types.

Yeah; my theory is that it is Ni, and that connects with the F functions to make me resemble INXJ. :)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Or you could just be in a tertiary loop. LOL

But tertiary loops from the description are supposed to be a bad thing, right? I don't have a mental disorder. Unless you count possible Asperger's and ADHD.

I'm not arguing against INFJ; it's entirely possible. I just think I'm more than one type and I switch, with one close to the center that I am a little more often. And not ruling out being extroverted either, as something I switch into.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Only because I think they would be the least suited to it. Do you think another type would be so less than INFP?

Possibly whatever type I am ho ho ho. And im no INFP or INTP.

Perhaps ENFP's would be even worse since they might be more vocal with their protests? Being introverted and spacey doesn't mean bad server to me.

Although.....thinking about it I can see the reasoning as to why someone would think that; I suppose it does make sense. Id say any individual can be a bad server though since it is down to being able to cope with that environment and im not sure the inherency of cognition set out by a theory can be used to predict that.

Although I dont mean to detract too much from what is a fun topic. :D

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Possibly whatever type I am ho ho ho. And im no INFP or INTP.

Perhaps ENFP's would be even worse since they might be more vocal with their protests? Being introverted and spacey doesn't mean bad server to me.

Although.....thinking about it I can see the reasoning as to why someone would think that; I suppose it does make sense. Id say any individual can be a bad server though since it is down to being able to cope with that environment and im not sure the inherency of cognition set out by a theory can be used to predict that.

Although I dont mean to detract too much from what is a fun topic. :D

Well the reason I'm a bad server is because I'm introverted and spacey. (But I've gotten a lot better; I'm pretty competent now.) I would think sensitive would be a weakness as well (which I'm not), which is more INFP than INTP or ENFP. True, ENFP would get angrier and might be more vengeful; but they would also have more social skills than either type due to being extroverted. Mature INFP's who have developed their Te a lot could be great at it, as could mature INTP's who have developed their Fe. And as you say, any type could have trouble with it as well as excel.

As for you, I kind of get an F vibe, but that's all I can say since I don't know you irl; and that could be mistaken.

Hm, my sister's ENFP and she's going to train to be a server I think (right now she's a hostess). I wonder how she'll do. She has great people skills, but I don't see that much Te in her, and she can get offended by rudeness like the other ENFP's mentioned. Then again she's great at her fast food job, which involves Te logistics. But I was good in fast food too.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
...the best servers are those with the lowest latency...

ouh yeah, baby that was hot ! :D

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But tertiary loops from the description are supposed to be a bad thing, right? I don't have a mental disorder. Unless you count possible Asperger's and ADHD.

I'm not arguing against INFJ; it's entirely possible. I just think I'm more than one type and I switch, with one close to the center that I am a little more often. And not ruling out being extroverted either, as something I switch into.

Or you could just be in a tertiary loop. LOL

In the above quote [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] was suggesting you might be ISxP since they as well as INxJs are both introverts that utilize Ni in their function list though you are way too far out there to be S!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the above quote [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] was suggesting you might be ISxP since they as well as INxJs are both introverts that utilize Ni in their function list though you are way too far out there to be S!

Well, I'm not really that far out there in terms of sanity. I am in fact sane, and I am functional in everyday life. But I suppose you online people will just have to take my word for it.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

No I thought INFJ in an Ni<Ti loop.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

You don't have to have a mental disorder to be in a loop. It just means that you may not be slightly as healthy as you could be.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I am. But I could be wrong.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
why would an INFP make a bad server? from my experience, INFP's love to serve (ie. make people happy, within their possibilities, of course). and between the two, i guess INFP is better, since they are feelers, so they are more interested in what other people feel etc...

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what the hell is a server?:unsure: genuine question

OP will tell you. And the rest of the thread. It's the politically correct term for waiter/waitress.

why would an INFP make a bad server? from my experience, INFP's love to serve (ie. make people happy, within their possibilities, of course). and between the two, i guess INFP is better, since they are feelers, so they are more interested in what other people feel etc...

The collective opinion is that they are usually better than INTP because they tend to enjoy the human element more. I think most of them would have a hard time because 1) they are sensitive and therefore (potentially) easily offended by customers, and 2) they tend to be spaced out and forgetful (which is not good for waiting tables). They are probably the most spacy, and the most sensitive along with ISFP; but ISFP would be less forgetful, and ENFP being more extroverted would have an advantage. Hence my reasoning on it being one of the types for whom it would be most difficult.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
thank you for summing up the thread to me :)

forgetful is an adjective i would not associate with an INFP (my gf is an INFP and she has amazing memory.......Si?). I have a friend that is ISFP, he's great, but between the three of us, I think I'm the more sensitive (ENFP). I look up to them both because they have somehow managed to have so much convinction in their beliefs/instincts/morals (Fi) that other people's opinion's don't bring them down, unlike me.

now, this is just my small sample of MBTI, but it's what i've experienced.
OP will tell you. And the rest of the thread. It's the politically correct term for waiter/waitress.

The collective opinion is that they are usually better than INTP because they tend to enjoy the human element more. I think most of them would have a hard time because 1) they are sensitive and therefore (potentially) easily offended by customers, and 2) they tend to be spaced out and forgetful (which is not good for waiting tables). They are probably the most spacy, and the most sensitive along with ISFP; but ISFP would be less forgetful, and ENFP being more extroverted would have an advantage. Hence my reasoning on it being one of the types for whom it would be most difficult.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
thank you for summing up the thread to me :)

forgetful is an adjective i would not associate with an INFP (my gf is an INFP and she has amazing memory.......Si?). I have a friend that is ISFP, he's great, but between the three of us, I think I'm the more sensitive (ENFP). I look up to them both because they have somehow managed to have so much convinction in their beliefs/instincts/morals (Fi) that other people's opinion's don't bring them down, unlike me (secondary Fi in need of development).

now, this is just my small sample of MBTI, but it's what i've experienced.