• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Women+Cleavage+Work= disaster?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Show just as much skin at work as the men do. No more, no less.

Problem solved!

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
So can showing off your ass, by wearing loosely fitted pants, my dear. It's just not as flattering...kind of like wearing a v-neck or undoing the top button of your blouse.
I've got an idea, when any men bend over to pick anything up in front of you, they'll be required to wear a "lifting suit". This problem you describe surely doesn't happen very often, so this shouldn't be much of an inconvenience.

Cleavage, on other hand, is always visible due to its location on the body. It doesn't require any particular action for it to be visible, so it must always be covered. Always.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That works for me, but many women complain about how it's "uncomfortable".

Wear a bra with some oranges for a week, and try and find a blouse that is both flattering, comfortable and covers everything you want it to cover as a man, and we will talk :smile:

Seriously though, I figured people would be more desensitised to some human skin by now with all the adds and music videos out and about by now. How is it that showing a hint of cleavage is such a big deal?

Im not talking about showing almost half of your chest here, but I'm sorry, if I wear what you are suggesting, people stare coz i look so top heavy I might fall over. Wearing a V-neck with a hint of cleavage seems to draw far less attraction, tbh.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Wear a bra with some oranges for a week, and try and find a blouse that is both flattering, comfortable and covers everything you want it to cover as a man, and we will talk :smile:

Seriously though, I figured people would be more desensitised to some human skin by now with all the adds and music videos out and about by now. How is it that showing a hint of cleavage is such a big deal?

Im not talking about showing almost half of your chest here, but I'm sorry, if I wear what you are suggesting, people stare coz i look so top heavy I might fall over. Wearing a V-neck with a hint of cleavage seems to draw far less attraction, tbh.
Cleavage has no direct affect on me, but it does on other, lesser, males. Women know this and many use it to their advantage. That's why there can be no exceptions.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cleavage has no direct affect on me, but it does on other, lesser, males. Women know this and many use it to their advantage. That's why there can be no exceptions.

So does your fab ass, my dear, on us lesser females :coffee:

We just don't let on as easily.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Don't worry, I already have my fashion icon!

Hillary_Clinton-Pantsuit-Rainbow.jpg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If it's a problem, then you should speak up.

:shrug: To me it is much like taking a cigarette break. I enjoy the view to break up a boring day. After that, I go back to work.

F

figsfiggyfigs

If it's a problem, then you should speak up.

"Hey Lateralus, those tightly covered good-lookin' man-cheeks of yours are giving me a mental-hard-on and thus are a momentary distraction--oh whats that? you're reporting me to HR? "

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Show just as much skin at work as the men do. No more, no less.

Problem solved!
Exactly. This is what I was getting at with my photo of the Obamas and Bidens. I'm not even considering cleavage here, just arms and legs.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Amar, do you work in an office? Have you ever worked in an office?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Showing cleavage at work equals manipulation. I think less of women who do it and assume they're showing it off because they don't have much else going on. I haven't been wrong yet.

Yup. And I call bullshit on the "I can't find clothes to fit that will cover my boobage." My cup size is HH. I don't show cleavage at work.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Amar, do you work in an office? Have you ever worked in an office?

I have worked as a receptionist and office assistant yes. And yes, Ive always covered up completely for fear of not being taken seriously. And yes, I was miserable, uncomfortable, overheating and felt awkward about people staring at me. And yes, I am *relieved* like hell that nowadays I no longer have to worry about that stuff.

Also, I never said I couldnt find clothes to cover my chest. I stated that a v-neck is a lot more natural looking and more flattering on me and I do show a little bit of cleavage due to the way my body is shaped and the size of my chest when I wear a v. But barely a hint.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I has suggestion.

Stop wearing oranges in your bra.

/solves problem