• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Women+Cleavage+Work= disaster?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see a lot of intellectualizing and zero sympathy for the effect of testosterone in the body. I'm just sayin'.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everyone has hormones. Some of us just prefer (and manage) to keep them from running our life.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I see a lot of intellectualizing and zero sympathy for the effect of testosterone in the body. I'm just sayin'.

I don't have any problems with men going around with boners. Gives me something to laugh at during my day.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I don't have any problems with men going around with boners. Gives me something to laugh at during my day.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So it's ok to make them horny, but not ok if they act like it. Seems like a bit of a double-bind.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So it's ok to make them horny, but not ok if they act like it. Seems like a bit of a double-bind.

:shrug: Depends. I find that attitude causes way more horniness than lack of clothes. There are pieces of clothing that are way more arousing than a naked body on its own. I think cleavage on its own is relatively harmless. Now, strapping the twins into a hyper accentuating blouse is a lot more likely to cause that effect on men, than simply opening a button coz its hot inside.

The difference is that attitude is way harder to point accusingly at, whereas cleavage is an easy target.

Ricin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
SEXY
Enneagram
hot
eh...
Keep in mind that how you dress, while it doesn't entitle others any rights to treat you certain ways, will get other to treat you based on how you look. Wear dirty old cloths that don't fit properly, have stains, and smell with horribly frizzy messy hair and observe that no one cares to be your friend. Wear a conservative loose fit shirt that leaves what's underneath to the imagination of those around you and notice people who talk to you aren't staring at your chest or being extra nice for "no reason". Where a shirt that shows the sisters and you'll notice guys coming up with reasons to talk to you, opening doors for you, yelling out crude sexual comments, etc..

Just saying, people think a homeless man is homeless because of how he's dressed and most don't talk to him. But put the same person in nicer clothes and give him a bath and a shave and he'll be treated different. People don't have the right to do this, but they're going to do this.

So, keeping in mind people will do this anyway, dress liberally at your own risk.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

If suits are a turn-on for a woman, should she be doomed to not work in an environment like that? Or should she be expected to act an adult and do what's right regardless of what she wants? It's part of being an adult. Men are not beasts without brains, though some like to claim so. Women do not lack for sexual appetite, and yet I never once hear the argument, "Well what if you turn the women on?"

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Showing cleavage at work equals manipulation. I think less of women who do it and assume they're showing it off because they don't have much else going on. I haven't been wrong yet.

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
Showing cleavage at work equals manipulation. I think less of women who do it and assume they're showing it off because they don't have much else going on. I haven't been wrong yet.

This is nonsense.

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
No, it's not. The workplace is not a place for individual expression. If you want to express yourself, do it on your own time or open your own business.

No can do. I feel happy this way. Now what?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think of it as kind of like eating in front of people without offering them any food. It's kinda rude and inconsiderate, so I try not to do it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sexual harassment suit

If you wear fitted pants (as suits often tend to have) and happen to bend over around me, I'll countersue for flashing your ass at me. Nothing quite like a man's behind in black fitted trousers :laugh: :drool:

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
If you wear fitted pants (as suits often tend to have) and happen to bend over around me, I'll countersue for flashing your ass at me. Nothing quite like a man's behind in black fitted trousers :laugh: :drool:
You could try, but this isn't the same as showing cleavage. Showing cleavage can avoided by making proper wardrobe choices.

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
Oh sooo, he is wearing the sexual harassment suit. *laugh*

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You could try, but this isn't the same as showing cleavage. Showing cleavage can avoided by making proper wardrobe choices.

So can showing off your ass, by wearing loosely fitted pants, my dear. It's just not as flattering...kind of like wearing a v-neck or undoing the top button of your blouse.