• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SCREWED

Zhuli Lily Askar

I can't focus during the day. It's been established It's about 7:20 now and I've only been able to concentrate for the last 20 minutes. How come I can't be like my classmates who have the determination to do all their assignment even if they are sleepy and unfocused andandandandand.

It's unfair. I can't compete this way. I mean me being angry about half the day being gone and contemplating why I can't concentrate from 10 am to 6 pm stops me because I can't go on now knowing why and solving it! Damn it. I'm fucked.

Anybody feel this way? I doubt it.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't focus during the day. It's been established It's about 7:20 now and I've only been able to concentrate for the last 20 minutes. How come I can't be like my classmates who have the determination to do all their assignment even if they are sleepy and unfocused andandandandand.

It's unfair. I can't compete this way. I mean me being angry about half the day being gone and contemplating why I can't concentrate from 10 am to 6 pm stops me because I can't go on now knowing why and solving it! Damn it. I'm fucked.

Well its obvious you can focus about your issue...What is your driving force? What turns you off? Do something exciting that you want to and you'll probably find some motivation. ;)

Yeah I know how things can seem to be..this could be in a lot better taste..though you might get a few laughs.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RNgaxKfyZU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Team America Bar Scene[/YOUTUBE]

Zhuli Lily Askar

Well its obvious you can focus about your issue...What is your driving force? What turns you off? Do something exciting that you want to and you'll probably find some motivation. ;)

Yeah I know how things can seem to be..this could be in a lot better taste..though you might get a few laughs.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RNgaxKfyZU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Team America Bar Scene[/YOUTUBE]

No but when it's time to be serious it's time to be serious you can't always just do something fun and than do work and rely on that. And what if I can't stop myself from entertaining myself? I can focus on something like that. There isn't a reason for it. It's just if it's something you've been suffering for 2 years you'd know what it was. I'm not sure what my driving and turn off forces are.

Oh....that was funny. And wrong. I shouldn't be laughing!

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Work hard Play hard ;)

You have to go far, to come to a place of focus. And not just go far in serious work. Seriously fun is fundamental.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

But what do I do?
It's not possible that all human beings are dis-functional for half of the day. Literally.
No but when it's time to be serious it's time to be serious you can't always just do something fun and than do work and rely on that. And what if I can't stop myself from entertaining myself? I can focus on something like that. There isn't a reason for it. It's just if it's something you've been suffering for 2 years you'd know what it was.
First off, are you sleep deprived?

Secondly, who have you told about these issues you have been having for so long (besides strangers on the internet)? Have you talked to a counselor/professional about your suffering? Have you considered attention deficit disorder? Have you visited your doctor to make sure you are physically healthy? What about family and friends? I'm asking because if you haven't communicated with the people in your life who would be happy to help you, its not fair to immediately jump to the conclusion that you are fucked.

Zhuli Lily Askar

First off, are you sleep deprived?

Secondly, who have you told about these issues you have been having for so long (besides strangers on the internet)? Have you talked to a counselor/professional about your suffering? Have you considered attention deficit disorder? Have you visited your doctor to make sure you are physically healthy? What about family and friends? I'm asking because if you haven't communicated with the people in your life who would be happy to help you, its not fair to immediately jump to the conclusion that you are fucked.

I am not sleep deprived. I have told my Mom, I have never talked to a professional because it's not like they could do anything about it. How do you determine if you have attention deficit disorder? I am physically healthy except being pre-diabetic according to a blood test? Do you really think it could be because of something like that because I wake up at night. But I can't except that I've been born to live only during the night JUST BECAUSE I'M A NIGHT PERSON. *cringe* It's just not fair.

Zhuli Lily Askar

Work hard Play hard ;)

You have to go far, to come to a place of focus. And not just go far in serious work. Seriously fun is fundamental.

OK, but when I have serious fun it's not like I'm suddenly able to work just as hard. And my parents don't believe in that so I don't have serious fun and it's not like I trust myself enough to do that anyways.... I don't think my fun meter is low. I giggle for no reason like all day. But I'm dying inside most of the time even though I'm laughing...

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK, but when I have serious fun it's not like I'm suddenly able to work just as hard. And my parents don't believe in that so I don't have serious fun and it's not like I trust myself enough to do that anyways.... I don't think my fun meter is low. I giggle for no reason like all day. But I'm dying inside most of the time even though I'm laughing...

You're so J you need to P more. ;)

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It means that you are unsatisfied usually resulting from a loss or perceived loss, so instead of dealing with it consciously you are bored/tired

Zhuli Lily Askar

You're so J you need to P more. ;)

Your wrong in fact I used to think I was INTP. This problem I'm having is in fact such a P thing. I just make it sound like I have high standards for this but in fact I'm just trying to take big steps.... You don't understand. Nobody can. Oh and what's so J about this lol? Because I want to be on task? I have done nothing but troll on the internet today and not catch up on work that I only have to do because I was not following the rest of the class and spent it daydreaming instead.

OMG, you've got me thinking again. Speaking of which do you think I appear INTJ? I'm still contemplating my type. I don't care that this is off topic.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your wrong in fact I used to think I was INTP. This problem I'm having is in fact such a P thing. I just make it sound like I have high standards for this but in fact I'm just trying to take big steps.... You don't understand. Nobody can. Oh and what's so J about this lol? Because I want to be on task? I have done nothing but troll on the internet today and not catch up on work that I only have to do because I was not following the rest of the class and spent it daydreaming instead.

OMG, you've got me thinking again. Speaking of which do you think I appear INTJ? I'm still contemplating my type. I don't care that this is off topic.

Actually yes I have thought you're INTJ. And if you lived in the same town I'd suggest we go shoot some guns and blow away some shit. For fun's sake. Lol
'Cause I'm feeling you and this J stress is getting bad. Lol.

ygolo

My termites win

This happens from time to time to a lot of people. I am not sure what it is.

It could be poor quality sleep, poor health, burn-out symptoms, more serious depression...a lot of things.

It has kinda happened to me this quarter. However, I know the reason in my case. I overloaded myself. I'll have to find a way to recooperate.

I've decided that I am just going to do research and teaching this summer. No classes. It is better to do a few things really well than to do a mediocre job in a lot of things.

I've also decided to just veg and goof off for at least a day this weekend. Hopefully, that will be enough stress-free time to be able to focus well starting tomorrow--Final push to finish the work I need to complete this quarter, just 3 weeks left.

Zhuli Lily Askar

This happens from time to time to a lot of people. I am not sure what it is.

It could be poor quality sleep, poor health, burn-out symptoms, more serious depression...a lot of things.

It has kinda happened to me this quarter. However, I know the reason in my case. I overloaded myself. I'll have to find a way to recooperate.

I've decided that I am just going to do research and teaching this summer. No classes. It is better to do a few things really well than to do a mediocre job in a lot of things.

I've also decided to just veg and goof off for at least a day this weekend. Hopefully, that will be enough stress-free time to be able to focus well starting tomorrow--Final push to finish the work I need to complete this quarter, just 3 weeks left.

Really? But how come my friends don't have it? They work harder than me and I'm just lazy. (but maybe this is the effect of me being more stressed deep down than them?) I can't just do that how long does it take to truly recover. I have so much coming up next year. Like I should be so straightforward about wanting to recover, I don't try period. Everybody is so much better......

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am not sleep deprived. I have told my Mom, I have never talked to a professional because it's not like they could do anything about it. How do you determine if you have attention deficit disorder? I am physically healthy except being pre-diabetic according to a blood test? Do you really think it could be because of something like that because I wake up at night. But I can't except that I've been born to live only during the night JUST BECAUSE I'M A NIGHT PERSON. *cringe* It's just not fair.

Okay then, so do you expect that people on an internet forum can, or are you expecting sympathy in return for your statements that its not fair? I do believe its possibly part of why you suffer. I also believe professionals can help you discover a way to do something about it.

Not sure if you take exercise, but in case you have not been it is a great way to tire out your body so you can rest better.

But honestly, there are so many physiological and mental things that could be contributing to your suffering, it is in your best interest to be your advocate to those who have the resources to help you.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only way forward is to mourn the loss and then to turn on all your mojo to make the best of the cards you have in your hands right now

Zhuli Lily Askar

Okay then, so do you expect that people on an internet forum can, or are you expecting sympathy in return for your statements that its not fair? I do believe its possibly part of why you suffer. I also believe professionals can help you discover a way to do something about it.

Not sure if you take exercise, but in case you have not been it is a great way to tire out your body so you can rest better.

But honestly, there are so many physiological and mental things that could be contributing to your suffering, it is in your best interest to be your advocate to those who have the resources to help you.

No, not at all.
The internet is a place where I can let out my feelings enough to take in info and maybe utilize it. If I find a base maybe I will have something specific enough to ask professionals. If I have no idea what I'm talking about...? I'm saying it's not fair because it's not fair, not for any other reason. I can't tell anyone seriously if you must know. Nobody cares and they think they care too.

Zhuli Lily Askar

The only way forward is to mourn the loss and then to turn on all your mojo to make the best of the cards you have in your hands right now

The loss isn't big enough to mourn to the outside world, but for personal achievement meant enough to me to do something similar to that in intensity but in a different context.