• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SCREWED

Zhuli Lily Askar

The only way forward is to mourn the loss and then to turn on all your mojo to make the best of the cards you have in your hands right now

The loss isn't big enough to mourn to the outside world, but for personal achievement meant enough to me to do something similar to that in intensity but in a different context.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only way forward is to mourn the loss and then to turn on all your mojo to make the best of the cards you have in your hands right now

Turn on 'All your mojo"?!?'! I'll have what you're having. PM me on your techniquue my ENTP. I gota know this. I've never heard. :huh:

ygolo

My termites win
Really? But how come my friends don't have it? They work harder than me and I'm just lazy. (but maybe this is the effect of me being more stressed deep down than them?) I can't just do that how long does it take to truly recover. I have so much coming up next year. Like I should be so straightforward about wanting to recover, I don't try period. Everybody is so much better......

I am only speculating at this point. As Vasilisa pointed out, we are not qualified to diagnose you. Nor do I believe a qualified person would do so over the internet.

I do know, however, burnout doesn't necessarily have to do with the amount of work one does.

There are some days where I worked my ass off from 5 AM to 11 PM, and I felt really good, sleep well, and go on the the next day. Other times, I'll do a 8-9 hour day, and feel really stressed.

Part of it has to do with the rhythm and the lack of interruptions. Being able to have the time to get everything needed for the work into my mind and process it is very important for me. I don't do nearly as well on a choppy schedule (which this quarter was for sure). I suck at multi-tasking.

This quarter, I'd have an hour class, then I'd only have 2 hours for research, then need to observe lab for a few minutes, then like an hour for research, then another class, then some research, then class again, then some grading needs to be done, then homework, then preparation for office hours, then office hours. Other days, I'd have discussion, some time for research, class, then 6 straight hours of lab instruction (which is a multi-tasking job to an extreme).

I know that student life is like this. But after working in industry, it's like my brain needs rewiring. I had gotten used to coming in to do a job for 9-10 hours (with just breaks to clear my head or eat or whatever, maybe a meeting or two) and then come in the next day and do essentially the same sort of thing.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
If you're so determined that you're screwed why even make a thread about it, that's just depressing.

That or you don't truly believe that and think there's a sliver of hope to be found in this thread. There prolly won't be one and the sliver prolly exists in professional help as previous posters have mentioned.

Good effort though none the less....

edit: Unless there is a sliver of hope in the thread, which is the advice to goto professional help and then you actually did find a sliver of hope in this thread if you follow through with it /MINDBLOWN

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Turn on 'All your mojo"?!?'! I'll have what you're having. PM me on your techniquue my ENTP. I gota know this. I've never heard. :huh:

It's not a question of having, it's a question of being.

The key is to excercise the body, mind, heart, and spirit. The second key is to love all people so that you can relate to them and learn from them. If you do not, your subconscious will block all of the information because it will be experienced as pain. The third key is to realize that all your fears are a perception. Reality has no assigned meaning, it is how you interpret the events that determines their meaning.

There are infinitely many magics. Namaste, would you care to teach me some?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The loss isn't big enough to mourn to the outside world, but for personal achievement meant enough to me to do something similar to that in intensity but in a different context.

It doesn't matter how important others deem the loss. You were the one who felt it's significance because your experience is unique.

LEGERdeMAIN

I can't focus during the day. It's been established It's about 7:20 now and I've only been able to concentrate for the last 20 minutes. How come I can't be like my classmates who have the determination to do all their assignment even if they are sleepy and unfocused andandandandand.

It's unfair. I can't compete this way. I mean me being angry about half the day being gone and contemplating why I can't concentrate from 10 am to 6 pm stops me because I can't go on now knowing why and solving it! Damn it. I'm fucked.

Anybody feel this way? I doubt it.

Sure, sometimes. If I'm not eating well or enough, especially if I'm vitamin b deficient. Poor quality of sleep contributes too. Like today/last night I've been dozing off, waking up and dozing off again. Getting lucid dreams that i don't want to be in while I sleep and when I'm awake everything seems foggy or fuzzy or something. I probably wont accomplish much today. Do you sleep very often? eat?

R

RDF

I can't focus during the day. It's been established It's about 7:20 now and I've only been able to concentrate for the last 20 minutes. How come I can't be like my classmates who have the determination to do all their assignment even if they are sleepy and unfocused andandandandand.

It's unfair. I can't compete this way. I mean me being angry about half the day being gone and contemplating why I can't concentrate from 10 am to 6 pm stops me because I can't go on now knowing why and solving it! Damn it. I'm fucked.

Anybody feel this way? I doubt it.

Just a suggestion:

Last time I saw an INTJ in this much of a tizzy, it was some gal who had problems dealing with her parents. She felt trapped by her parents’ strict expectations and she spent all her Ni energy turning the problem over in her head endlessly and floundering helplessly trying to figure out how she was supposed to deal with the situation. Meantime she couldn't focus on her normal daily activities because all her energy went toward working on the problem.

Once she was able to talk it out a bit, then she calmed down. She just needed to use some Te on her problems: She talked about what she was going through, heard about how other people handle their parents, and started to develop some new ways for dealing with her parents. I guess that broke the logjam and allowed her to start thinking productively again, rather than churning the problem over and over in her head with no solution in sight.

When a problem clogs up an INTJ, their Ni churns away in the background and eats up all their energy. INTJs need to use Te to get the problem out into the world and research some new ways of dealing with it. Then a judgement can be made on it and it can be filed away. And Ni gets freed up for new challenges.

Anyway, that might be a model for you. In other words, one might assume that your Ni is churning away in the background on some personal problem and leaving you unable to devote attention to much else. If you can talk it out a bit (either here or with a friend or with a counselor), maybe you can gain some fresh insights and break the Ni logjam.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
21050947.jpg

Zhuli Lily Askar

Just a suggestion:

Last time I saw an INTJ in this much of a tizzy, it was some gal who had problems dealing with her parents. She felt trapped by her parents’ strict expectations and she spent all her Ni energy turning the problem over in her head endlessly and floundering helplessly trying to figure out how she was supposed to deal with the situation. Meantime she couldn't focus on her normal daily activities because all her energy went toward working on the problem.

Once she was able to talk it out a bit, then she calmed down. She just needed to use some Te on her problems: She talked about what she was going through, heard about how other people handle their parents, and started to develop some new ways for dealing with her parents. I guess that broke the logjam and allowed her to start thinking productively again, rather than churning the problem over and over in her head with no solution in sight.

When a problem clogs up an INTJ, their Ni churns away in the background and eats up all their energy. INTJs need to use Te to get the problem out into the world and research some new ways of dealing with it. Then a judgement can be made on it and it can be filed away. And Ni gets freed up for new challenges.

Anyway, that might be a model for you. In other words, one might assume that your Ni is churning away in the background on some personal problem and leaving you unable to devote attention to much else. If you can talk it out a bit (either here or with a friend or with a counselor), maybe you can gain some fresh insights and break the Ni logjam.

That's sounds enough like me. I'm not willing to consult with a counselor and it will also be difficult because my parents don't know anything and it will look abrupt and also they'd think I' being a baby because they have no idea what I've been thinking and don't care about it much either. In fact they think I'm thinking something and that's why they think I'm foolish. I think the last two comments up there are ignorant in fact because I obviously wouldn't be meaning the professionals aren't capable. I think my problem is not something many would consider a problem and maybe what a professional would say wouldn't work out with a family from another culture or something like that? Even if I'm not immediately arranging to take anyone's advice I might later. I just need ideas or something close to that first so I see nothing wrong with posting on a psychology forum.

This quote sounds very encouraging because I used to be very good with Te before this period. I'm still trying to find out what disturbed me so much exactly. Or if it was just a build up of tiny things. I feel blinded with Ni and knowing useless things with it instead of it's advantage. Or maybe it's not Te. Not sure of my type.

Zhuli Lily Askar

If you're so determined that you're screwed why even make a thread about it, that's just depressing.

That or you don't truly believe that and think there's a sliver of hope to be found in this thread. There prolly won't be one and the sliver prolly exists in professional help as previous posters have mentioned.

Good effort though none the less....

edit: Unless there is a sliver of hope in the thread, which is the advice to goto professional help and then you actually did find a sliver of hope in this thread if you follow through with it /MINDBLOWN

I guess I have this habit of letting things out on the internet because I'm too weak to just act I have no idea? I need to figure that out. Also, how does a minor secretly get professional help?

R

RDF

That's sounds enough like me. I'm not willing to consult with a counselor and it will also be difficult because my parents don't know anything and it will look abrupt and also they'd think I' being a baby because they have no idea what I've been thinking and don't care about it much either. In fact they think I'm thinking something and that's why they think I'm foolish. I think the last two comments up there are ignorant in fact because I obviously wouldn't be meaning the professionals aren't capable. I think my problem is not something many would consider a problem and maybe what a professional would say wouldn't work out with a family from another culture or something like that? Even if I'm not immediately arranging to take anyone's advice I might later. I just need ideas or something close to that first so I see nothing wrong with posting on a psychology forum.

This quote sounds very encouraging because I used to be very good with Te before this period. I'm still trying to find out what disturbed me so much exactly. Or if it was just a build up of tiny things. I feel blinded with Ni and knowing useless things with it instead of it's advantage. Or maybe it's not Te. Not sure of my type.

Well then, that sounds like an avenue for further exploration. Here are some more thoughts on the subject:

I have seen plenty of instances where young INTJs get increasingly isolated, their Te gets rusty, and then they have trouble trusting people to help them when they need to use their rusty Te.

Here's the big picture:

As I understand it, Ni works like a spider’s web. The INTJ collects factoids and data in their Ni spiderweb and then churns the spiderweb, rearranging the factoids and data into different combinations, crankiing out plans and back-up plans and more back-up plans, until a solution is worked out.

It’s the way that INTJs solve problems. They come to trust their Ni churning process so much that they eventually don’t feel that they need their Te. Their Ni seems self-sufficient.

The trouble with Ni used in isolation, however, is that it’s open-ended and just churns without much resolution. Stuff just gets caught up in that spider’s web and sits there, churning away, until the spider’s web becomes heavy and unwieldy.

Te is needed to bring things to judgement. Unnecessary items need to be removed from the spiderweb, and new factoids and data need to be brought into the spiderweb to initiate new avenues of inquiry (new ways to churn the data).

Trouble is, if the INTJ has become too reliant on their Ni alone, they may not trust the outer world. The task, then, becomes to set up a network of Te confidantes: Counselors to deal with emotional issues, work associates to help with work problems, friends to help hash out daily details of life.

It’s not even that the INTJ needs to particularly love and trust these people. It’s just that the INTJ needs to practice Te with someone/anyone in order to keep their Ni efficient. There has to be a process of expelling the old data and taking in new data. Otherwise the Ni spiderweb is just going to keep getting jammed up with old, decaying matter, i.e., stuff that should have been brought to judgement and expelled from further consideration.

See this page for more info along this line: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTJ_per.html

R

RDF

Also, how does a minor secretly get professional help?

Sorry, I missed this question earlier. Ask to see a guidance counselor at your school, and then the counselor will know where to steer you based on the nature of your problem. Even a school nurse could be a starting point. They'll listen to you and then move you along to the appropriate professional.

Zhuli Lily Askar

Well then, that sounds like an avenue for further exploration. Here are some more thoughts on the subject:

I have seen plenty of instances where young INTJs get increasingly isolated, their Te gets rusty, and then they have trouble trusting people to help them when they need to use their rusty Te.

Here's the big picture:

As I understand it, Ni works like a spider’s web. The INTJ collects factoids and data in their Ni spiderweb and then churns the spiderweb, rearranging the factoids and data into different combinations, crankiing out plans and back-up plans and more back-up plans, until a solution is worked out.

It’s the way that INTJs solve problems. They come to trust their Ni churning process so much that they eventually don’t feel that they need their Te. Their Ni seems self-sufficient.

The trouble with Ni used in isolation, however, is that it’s open-ended and just churns without much resolution. Stuff just gets caught up in that spider’s web and sits there, churning away, until the spider’s web becomes heavy and unwieldy.

Te is needed to bring things to judgement. Unnecessary items need to be removed from the spiderweb, and new factoids and data need to be brought into the spiderweb to initiate new avenues of inquiry (new ways to churn the data).

Trouble is, if the INTJ has become too reliant on their Ni alone, they may not trust the outer world. The task, then, becomes to set up a network of Te confidantes: Counselors to deal with emotional issues, work associates to help with work problems, friends to help hash out daily details of life.

It’s not even that the INTJ needs to particularly love and trust these people. It’s just that the INTJ needs to practice Te with someone/anyone in order to keep their Ni efficient. There has to be a process of expelling the old data and taking in new data. Otherwise the Ni spiderweb is just going to keep getting jammed up with old, decaying matter, i.e., stuff that should have been brought to judgement and expelled from further consideration.

See this page for more info along this line: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTJ_per.html

Is it a long link? Again, I'm not sure I'm INTJ. And I'm afraid to get into. What if I'm not and it wastes time? You see this doesn't make sense because I'm only doing things to waste time in my life now...

R

RDF

Is it a long link? Again, I'm not sure I'm INTJ. And I'm afraid to get into. What if I'm not and it wastes time? You see this doesn't make sense because I'm only doing things to waste time in my life now...

Well, if what I described above doesn’t feel right to you, then you could look at your situation as possibly being conventional INTP procrastination. But INTPs are usually pretty comfortable procrastinating. They’ve done it all their lives, so they don’t worry much about it. :)

Actually, your response sounds like blocked-up Ni and rusty Te: You’re afraid to try anything new or check out new info: You’re afraid that it will just be that much more of a burden on your Ni.

But the point that I was raising in my earlier post is precisely that you need to try new things, consider new data, speak to new people, read new links. You need to flush out your Ni spider web by restoring the connection to the outside world. You need new data flowing in to your Ni and old data needs to be flushed out of your Ni.

Otherwise you just get stuck in a holding pattern, afraid to try anything new for fear it will upset your overloaded Ni spiderweb.

Anyway, that’s my argument for checking out that link. Meantime, if you ultimately decide that the INTJ material doesn’t apply to you and that you’re an INTP, then follow that link and check out the respective page for INTPs. The main thing is that you need to get out of your holding pattern. You’re wasting time anyway; at least waste it trying out new things and considering new ideas.

Zhuli Lily Askar

Well, if what I described above doesn’t feel right to you, then you could look at your situation as possibly being conventional INTP procrastination. But INTPs are usually pretty comfortable procrastinating. They’ve done it all their lives, so they don’t worry much about it. :)

Actually, your response sounds like blocked-up Ni and rusty Te: You’re afraid to try anything new or check out new info: You’re afraid that it will just be that much more of a burden on your Ni.

But the point that I was raising in my earlier post is precisely that you need to try new things, consider new data, speak to new people, read new links. You need to flush out your Ni spider web by restoring the connection to the outside world. You need new data flowing in to your Ni and old data needs to be flushed out of your Ni.

Otherwise you just get stuck in a holding pattern, afraid to try anything new for fear it will upset your overloaded Ni spiderweb.

Anyway, that’s my argument for checking out that link. Meantime, if you ultimately decide that the INTJ material doesn’t apply to you and that you’re an INTP, then follow that link and check out the respective page for INTPs. The main thing is that you need to get out of your holding pattern. You’re wasting time anyway; at least waste it trying out new things and considering new ideas.

I've procrastinated for all my life but more out of fear than laziness and was always worried and uncomfortable with it. Worry but without acting. Why INTP... INTP isn't really the closest thing to INTJ by the rules I follow. By the way is the forum much different than PersonalityCafe? Yeah, I will check out the link. This seems right to me. Forcing myself it's so uncomfortable.

R

RDF

I've procrastinated for all my life but more out of fear than laziness and was always worried and uncomfortable with it. Worry but without acting. Why INTP... INTP isn't really the closest thing to INTJ by the rules I follow. By the way is the forum much different than PersonalityCafe? Yeah, I will check out the link. This seems right to me. Forcing myself it's so uncomfortable.

If you want to investigate whether you might be another personality type, there are a number of ways you can do that. In the top forum (“MBTI and other personality matrices”) there are subforums for “What’s my type” threads and for on-line personality tests. Or you can poke around that the PersonalityPage.com website that I linked and see what fits you.

You could even try posting a bit at INTJ Forum, INTP-Central, INFJs Forums, etc. to see if one fits you better than another. They all have their own “flavor,” and one may fit better than the rest.

http://intjforum.com/index.php
http://forums.intpcentral.com/
http://www.infjs.com/forums/index.php

(As for PersonalityCafe: That one always seemed a little “fluffier” than here. But it has been a long time since I posted there.)

You sound like to me like you have overloaded Ni and rusty Te. But it could be other things. It’s up to you to decide whether the suggestions I’ve offered apply to you. Don’t feel pushed into anything.

Good luck with your search for an answer!

Zhuli Lily Askar

Sure, sometimes. If I'm not eating well or enough, especially if I'm vitamin b deficient. Poor quality of sleep contributes too. Like today/last night I've been dozing off, waking up and dozing off again. Getting lucid dreams that i don't want to be in while I sleep and when I'm awake everything seems foggy or fuzzy or something. I probably wont accomplish much today. Do you sleep very often? eat?

I don't really lack any food or sleeping hours but feel just like you described but I see it as scary rather than....

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
You and your avatar seem hyperactive. If that's the case, seek professional help. They'll put you on a right regimen of rest, exercise, meditation, breathing exercises, and helpful meds. Otherwise, once you get into college (you're in hs now?) things will get 100% worse with much less supervision, harder classes, and more distractions.