• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Saving money

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At this rate, i may well end up like Hugh Hefner.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you buy a house, your biggest bane over time will be taxes. If you could buy a cheap home in an area with low property taxes it could be less then renting, there could also be tax advantages (don’t know how England works).
Save half where you can get to it, save the other half in a retirement account. If you can save enough over time (20 to 25 years), it becomes its own income fund allowing for splurge opportunities (along with freedom in jobs you want to work at).

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well i get your point but all my friends and family are all for the buy a house option. But it seems like i may as well dig a big hole and pour money into it. I'm not liking that option. I'm just looking for ideas!

well alright...

I'd say, know for sure how to draw up a personal balance sheet. can't really do much without it