• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Holland Code-AI...aka Artistic and Investigative...career choice?

xisnotx

Permabanned
Yay...yet another career thread. How awesome.

Artistic: "Creative, intuitive, sensitive, articulate, and expressive. They are unstructured, original, nonconforming, and innovative. They rely on feelings, imagination, and inspiration. They like to work with ideas, abstractions, and concepts. They are spontaneous and open-minded."

Investigative: ""Intellectual, introspective, and inquisitive. They are curious, methodical, rational, analytical, and logical [...] scholarly, scientific, technical, or medical [...] avid readers. They like to solve problems, perform experiments, and conduct research."

I guess those are my interests. I'm also an intp 3w4.

Beyond that, I'd like to leave something significant behind. A book, a movie, a song, a building, a theory, a thought, a painting...I don't want my professional life to just be 40 years of nothingness...

I'm a philosophy major...and I'm taking pre med classes. I'm very nearly done.

I don't like not having money. My material self really wants a plane and two to three properties to fly between. Also, I want like sixty kids, and all that means money....

Anyway, what careers come to mind?

xisnotx

Permabanned
I'll bump my own thread with this..

http://personalityjunkie.com/intp-careers-jobs-majors/

In particular...

This can be frustrating for INTPs, since the endpoint of their functional stack (i.e., their inferior function) is a Judging function (Extraverted Feeling (Fe)), which compels them to reach a firm conclusion or produce a finished project.

This dream also includes a huge ego pay-off for INTPs, in which others lavish them with praise and affirmation for their intelligence and wisdom. So Fe does not merely compel INTPs to act as wise sages, but perhaps even more so, it seeks broad-scale validation and affirmation.

What INTPs are really after is not a quick fix, but a career that allows them to use their top two functions to work toward an Fe endpoint. In doing so, they can still allow their Fe to serve as the goal (e.g., to help others), but INTPs need to realize that they should not take a short cut and try to do this directly.

He (Drenth) doesn't really conclude anything that isn't already obvious (practically speaking, that is) but his analysis is helpful (or was helpful to me)..
He effectively integrates the RIASEC interest inventory with typological theory.

Just for others in the same boat...now, or in the future.

wolfy

awsm
There are sites that give you recommendations based on your combinations, look them up. Artistic, Investigative are very high entry. Study hard.