• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I've been looking to the disability stuff

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
and it looks like you have to of had a job in order to recieve benefits. now i qualify except for that, but the main problem is their's serious doubt from my therapist and parents about my ability to hold a job. so I was wondering am I missing something? the whole things really confusing. I mean i suppose i could try and get a job and hope i can prove them wrong. but i have trouble completing the daily tasks required to be a functional human being

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
You're doing what my boss likes to call "getting ready to get ready".

Start looking for a job. Apply for everything.

Do everything you can.

If you haven't had a job, you don't know if you can hold one down or not.

Most min. wage shit is so easy all you have to do is show up and remain conscious.

If you can do that, you can hold down a job.

Depends on how addicted she is.

I'm smoke trees like a son of a bitch, and have been able to hold down plenty of different jobs.

Everyone's different though I guess.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
There is a very big difference between working while drunk and working while stoned.

I would even go so far as to say that being stoned could be helpful in many situations. The only difference is that you might think things are funny when they are not, and you might do the same things but s . . . l . . . o . . . w . . . e . . . r.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
There is a very big difference between working while drunk and working while stoned.

I would even go so far as to say that being stoned could be helpful in many situations. The only difference is that you might think things are funny we they are not, and you might do the same things but s . . . l . . . o . . . w . . . e . . . r.

Well, I never go to school work or anything important stoned.

Stoned is for my personal life and I keep it strictly separate from my business life.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'm dead serious.

The only exception was when I was delivering furniture in the summer of 2010.

The guys I was working with would smoke on the job, and no one cared, so I would partake.

But for everything else, especially anything I'm getting paid for, I would never show up high.

I have a business reputation to build and maintain, and talking to clients high doesn't ever fit into that.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Alright, then I buy your story.

EDIT: Stop editing without notice. It's confusing to the reader (not me, but others).

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I recommend contacting your state department of human services, division of rehabilitation services. Its not about drugs, its about getting people with conditions that limit their employability into the workforce. A senior rehabilitation counselor will be able to help you. They see all kinds of people with different conditions, skills, and limitations so you needn't worry about not being understood or facing an unsympathetic attitude.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I recommend contacting your state department of human services, division of rehabilitation services. Its not about drugs, its about getting people with conditions that limit their employability into the workforce. A senior rehabilitation counselor will be able to help you. They see all kinds of people with different conditions, skills, and limitations so you needn't worry about not being understood or facing an unsympathetic attitude.

yes if the reason why i couldn't get a job was because of drinking, i'd go to rehab. But believe it or not if i have shit to do I'll stay sober. if anything on my list for the day requires driving, i don't drink.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes if the reason why i couldn't get a job was because of drinking, i'd go to rehab. But believe it or not if i have shit to do I'll stay sober. if anything on my list for the day requires driving, i don't drink.

She explicitely said that this is not what the service is about. It is about the reintegration of the disabled into the workforce, no Betty Ford clinic style rehab.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
She explicitely said that this is not what the service is about. It is about the reintegration of the disabled into the workforce, no Betty Ford clinic style rehab.

I was agreeing with her. other people in the thread accused me the reason being that i was a drunk.

MBTI Type
ISTP
You're doing what my boss likes to call "getting ready to get ready".

I have seen several cases of people who just need some support get one from one stage of life to another. Some people really do intend to survive solely off wellfare but I hardly ever meet people like that, I think at some point people realize they're way too young to just wait to die and they go try to find something they like to do.