• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do I do with an A.A. in Accounting? What is my life going to be?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Your future lies here:

germany-federal-1.jpg

Ferrus

MBTI Type
INTP
Given this list, you are an accounting clerk. And since you like Quickbooks, you could get a 30-35k job at a bookkeeping shop. Or, you could work as a Biller for a law firm or an engineering firm. Or as a Payroll Clerk for some large corporation. Outside of that it's more school.
I worked as an accounting clerk for a couple of years. The great thing about it was that I pretended to be as stupid as everyone else doing it. Which meant I only worked maybe 1/4-1/2 of my time working. The rest was spent reading essays/reading online magazines/posting at INTPcentral. Here the qualifications for being an accounting clerk (or technician as it is called) give you exemptions from the professional qualifications, so you pretty much start at the same level as graudates (of other subjects) going into the profession.

Then, when the company went under, I was stupid enough to get a job in IT. :( Cue 60 hour weeks and actually having to think about my work.

The sort of things you are describing sound a lot like the AAT here, at least the Level 4 version. Real professional accounting involves much more than manipulating software like a clerk; it involves having a thorough knowledge of the regulatory and legal system surrounding both public accounts and taxation.