• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sales Advice!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay, so I just got a new job selling cutlery and kitchen appliances. any advice?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Doesn't really seem to suit you, honestly.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
would need more details on what type of sale... do they come to you or vice versa? a lot depends on that :)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Okey quickly. Have them agree with you before going for the sale. Ask yes no questions and have them agree to create a momentum. Observe their bodylanguage and model it to a degree. Always have a mint on you :laugh:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
overcome your sensitivity to rejection and rude things people say.

If you can overcome that, you are unstoppable. Keep practicing and don't let negative feelings overwhelm you.
Senstivity is the biggest obstacle to good selling.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
overcome your sensitivity to rejection and rude things people say.

If you can overcome that, you are unstoppable. Keep practicing and don't let negative feelings overwhelm you.
Senstivity is the biggest obstacle to good selling.

no problems there, it's the opposite problem I have. I would feel no nervousness going into a board meeting and asking the CEO "let's make a deal!" but you don't just go into someone's house and say "buy these knives!" I've having trouble balancing assertiveness with being likable and having them underestimate me

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
a lot of that comes down to smiling and making them laugh... you can be as assertive as you want while laughing and smiling with them and people just don't seem to realize that they are being brought along the road of the decision making process because YOU want for them to... it makes people think that it's their idea in the first place, which is by far the best way to sell something :)

xisnotx

Permabanned
brandish your product as a weapon should they refuse to buy it.

"either way, this steak knife is yours".

Seriously though, I'd imagine it's all about giving people a false binary to choose from. Stuff like "do you like the kitchen set or the set of steak knives". Whatever the answer is, you're closer to making a sale.

It really pisses me off when someone tries to use this on me. I'm usually like "would you like me to tell you 'no' now or later?".

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
God damn I am ao glad there are other people in sales here! My problem can be that I get frustrated with the rejection and then "shut down" and miss viable opportunities.. any advice?! Also lol how do you get them laughing when you don't feel like laughing :D. Any mood boosters you do before meeting with a client?