• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Calling all college dropouts

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Or high school dropouts, that would be even better.

I have an inquiry for yall.

How have you survived? Becuz a college degree is evidently next to useless in the task of surviving, which is something that is important to me.

Why is this, hmmm. Apparently the US is now a "service economy." Other countries make things, we import them & consume them & our economy revolves around specifics of consumption-- preparation, packaging, marketing, distribution, service etc. I think the only growing industry that actually creates things (rather than unwrapping them, warming them up & serving them to customers) is software engineering, which is the construction of logical abstractions, ideas & constructs of logic ever expanding in intricacy, which fucking creeps me out & I don't want to be a slave to a fucking dipshit Steve-Jibbs wannabe for the rest of my idiotic life.

So to all the people who didn't go to college, how have you made a living?

& I don't consider getting free money from your parents making a living unless they'll also give money to me if I ask for it.

God, how often did I bemoan the idiocy of college those first few years, how often was I ignored. Now every single person I talk to proves me right in a new way. I have a degree in fucking civil engineering, & I'm begging for employment at a goddamn Wendy's, this is horseshit.

Isn't this all a result of the education system we have?

Why are kids going to college right after high school when the jobs most of them will get after that are ones they could get without college?

Almost everyone I know my age is either in graduate school, working at service jobs they could have gotten in high school (with their Liberal-arts degrees sitting forgottenly in bedroom closets), or working office jobs for corporations. (& then going drinking on the weekends & chuckling about how pointless their jobs are... & watching shows like Anthony Bourdain Layover where people travel around the world living in luxury... fuck humanity fuck humanity fuck humanity)

I'm about to morph into an outlaw & be the last gunslinger of the suburbs. ppl will B so srry when i get fnishe w/ them

More questions, why are the first 1-2 years of college just a recreation of a high school curriculum, continuing into the same rigmarole of high school when what kids are supposed to be doing at 18/19 yrs old is figuring out what their real life's interests are? How are they expected to even think about it when their time is occupied jumping thru hoops trying to learn stuff they don't care about?

If they went thru high school not thinking about what they want to do, why would they change that in high school part II?

I refuse to fucking serve coffee & enter data my whole goddamn life. Life already sucks enough without licking the bootheels of people who got rich selling expensively-packaged pieces of shit to idiots.

College drop-outs, plz talk to me on this issue.

Moment of historical prophecy:

"Society will develop a new kind of servitude which covers the surface of society with a network of complicated rules, through which the most original minds and the most energetic characters cannot penetrate. It does not tyrannise but it compresses, enervates, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each nation is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd."

- Alexis de Tocqueville