• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Value of MBA

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I study at a local University for reasons of convenience. It hasn't got a great reputation but we get good support my employers fund it so I can't complain.

The subject of management studies is one that I find fascinating in that it incorporates many subject areas including psychology, HR, finance, economics etc. However, the assessment is rather subjective and I feel that some of the staff seek to legitimize themselves and the topics they teach by being quite strict with the marking. It doesn't really matter to me in that the overall grade is irrelevant, all that matters is the qualification being passed, but I do prefer the objectivity and clairity of science and technical subjects where there are more clearly right and wrong answers. I'm obviously not a post-modernist :)

Agreed except on one point: grades I think matter for certain bigger employers.

Valis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
True, but I've already achieved a distinction in one masters, I feel I don't have much to prove now :)