• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jobs in the US for 3 months...15$/hr... are ???

Chloe

Have you thought about teaching your native language? I'm sure there aren't a ton of people doing that, and the biggest need would be in cities. That said, I think a $15/hr job and saving $3500 in three months is kind of unrealistic. Like others, I think your best chance for that is waitressing or bartending in an expensive place where tips would be good.

I thought about teaching my native language but i have no clue would anyone want to learn Croatian/Serbian and if they would they already have teachers or parents because people that want to learn it are usually with croatian heritage

ok, how much IS realistic to save in 3 months?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I didn't read the whole thread; is a foreigner "work permit" an issue?

If so then getting jobs under the table may pose difficulties if not an illegality and its repercussions.

I don't know about the legality but if it is legal than maybe Importing an EBay business (and getting paid via PayPal debit card) setup is an option regardless.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Check international hostels in major cities, a lot of them have a policy where they only hire foreign workers, this also gives you a place to stay.

Chloe

I didn't read the whole thread; is a foreigner "work permit" an issue?

If so then getting jobs under the table may pose difficulties if not an illegality and its repercussions.

I don't know about the legality but if it is legal than maybe Importing an EBay business (and getting paid via PayPal debit card) setup is an option regardless.

No, it is not an issue. i would go over CCUSA and they secure a J1 visa, I am not sure what exactly it covers but I know you can work in the US up to 4 months + 30 days after you can travel. Then you need to leave the States.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i guess? a flat... where else? :huh:
I asked because all the apartments (flats) I've seen or heard of have asked you to sign a lease contract, in which you promise to live there for 6 months, or 1 year, and if you leave before that term fully passes (for example, if you only stay there for 4 months), you have to pay a large fee of perhaps a couple hundred dollars (on top of the rent payments you were already paying). I think I have seen one place that offered 3 month lease periods, but not sure.

I say that because you should be aware, even though I'd hate to discourage people from visiting The States... :( Think about it, whatever works best for you.

Last edited: