• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does this sound too good to be true?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
While job searching online I found this position for a nanny, and, well, it sounds almost basurd:

http://www.enannysource.com/Quick-Family-Profile-481828.html

Here's the basic rundown:

-It's a live nanny position.
-All I have to do job wise is stay up all night to 'deter burgalers'.
-I don't have to do any other chores beyond that.
-The family only has one kid and one dog, both of whom will still be taken care of my the parents.
-I'll be getting paid good money for this.
-I don't need any other requirments.
-The family is expecting on moving out of state soon and wants a nanny who would move with them.

So aside from the last thing, which is sorta an important consideration, it almost sounds like a freakin dream job where I get paid to pull all nighters. So should I go for this job? Or should I be skeptical? Advice? Thanks.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Wow .. idk.

Why not get in touch, express an interest and take it from there. Don't get your hopes up in case it is some kind of hoax. If it is real, you're made. Sweet.

D

Dali

Scroll down the eNanny page to the following. Conflicts with what she says in the summary. Weird. Give her a call and find out exactly what she needs.

We would prefer that our caregiver
do the following tasks:

Light housekeeping
Family laundry
Run errands
Grocery shopping
Carpooling
Cook for the family
Homework help

EDIT: Stay up all night, be sequestered in her home all day while she's at work to 'protect the pets'. Right after she says that 'The rest of the day is yours to do with as you would like'. Hmmm. Forgive my mental meanderings but, from what I've seen on that page and from her choice of language, she seems like one of those employers who start off very sweet and accommodating and soon turn into veritable Nazis once they've 'scoped you out'.

FURTHER EDIT: Oops, didn't see the cross thanks to my browser settings (doesn't load images). Ignore the first half.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow .. idk.

Why not get in touch, express an interest and take it from there. Don't get your hopes up in case it is some kind of hoax. If it is real, you're made. Sweet.

I suppose that would work, guess I'll join the site then and dig up some information on this matter.

Scroll down the eNanny page to the following. Conflicts with what she says in the summary. Weird. Give her a call and find out exactly what she needs.

Except there's a red X nest to all of them, which I think means that those requirment's aren't needed (it also said that driving experince wasn't needed and most of those tasks require driving). But yeah I'll have to look into it further.

EDIT: Stay up all night, be sequestered in her home all day while she's at work to 'protect the pets'. Right after she says that 'The rest of the day is yours to do with as you would like'. Hmmm. Forgive my mental meanderings but, from what I've seen on that page and from her choice of language, she seems like one of those employers who start off very sweet and accommodating and soon turn into veritable Nazis once they've 'scoped you out'.

So basically it's like any other typical job?

D

Dali

Except there's a red X nest to all of them, which I think means that those requirment's aren't needed (it also said that driving experince wasn't needed and most of those tasks require driving). But yeah I'll have to look into it further.

Oops! Didn't see that, thanks to my browser settings. (doesn't load images. Just changed that).

So basically it's like any other typical job?

Hey, if you don't mind being sequestered in her house all night and all day - bar for the window of time in between when she gets home from work and they go to sleep - then I don't see the problem. Give her a call. Good luck. :)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey, if you don't mind being sequestered in her house all night and all day - bar for the window of time in between when she gets home from work and they go to sleep - then I don't see the problem. Give her a call. Good luck. :)

Still beats working at a mega corp. :D

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You sure they're not druglords hiring you to guard their stash from pissed off rivals?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a seriously weird enough request (especially the part about moving with them) that I'd really suspect they're mentally unstable/paranoid/delusional. If so, they're probably going to be a nightmare to work with.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've tried to contact the people, but I have yet to receive a reply to my intial e-mail. My mother is still apprehensive about me investigating this, saying that it's just 'creepy and weird'. If more interesting details appear concerning this, then I'll post them.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Yeah, it's a little bizarre sounding. Try to get in contact and get more info before signing on for this gig.